cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THANK YOU EBAY------ ANNOUNCEMENT FOR NEW SELLER PROTECTIONS- OH YEAH SCAMMERS ARE SCREAMING :)

Finally after all days of good and pain, eBay has taken some step to protect good sellers from Oct 1st , OH YEAH Now i will be feeling screaming of scammers 🙂

LOVE EBAY 🙂 

Message 1 of 121
latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: THANK YOU EBAY------ ANNOUNCEMENT FOR NEW SELLER PROTECTIONS- OH YEAH SCAMMERS ARE SCREAMING :)

What did they say? 🙂
Message 2 of 121
latest reply

Re: THANK YOU EBAY------ ANNOUNCEMENT FOR NEW SELLER PROTECTIONS- OH YEAH SCAMMERS ARE SCREAMING :)

Here you go 🙂 

__________ Protections for seller__________________
Seller Protections
When you deliver on your service promises to
create great buying experiences, we’ll protect
you from abusive buyer behavior and from events
outside your control.
We provide protections when:
• An item arrives late that you shipped on time
• An item is returned after it was opened, used,
or damaged when you offer free returns
• You delivered on your service promises, but
you received feedback or a defect that was
not accurate
• A buyer changes their order or demands extras

_____________Protections for top rated seller____________
New protections:
You can give a partial refund for items returned
opened, used or damaged.
• Recover the cost of the decreased value of
the item
• Give refunds based on the condition of the
item — you can deduct up to 50%
• We’ll remove feedback and defects and we’ll
take care of any remaining issues with the buyer
You’ll receive a credit for returns shipping cost when
the buyer falsely says the item is not as described.
• Report the buyer when you issue the refund
through the eBay returns flow
• You will receive a credit on your invoice for the
amount of the return shipping cost up to $6
• We will automatically remove any feedback,
defects, and open cases in service metrics

Message 3 of 121
latest reply

Nice, but not new.

And lip service because what you are being "protected" from cannot be proven.

The option of reporting scamming buyers and illegitimate snads has been available for a long time. Making sellers aware of it is good.

Most of this still comes down to he said she said. 

Sorry, I like eBay. I have been here a long time but all of this just has no meaning because there is no way for the seller to prove a darn thing. 

As has been the case for years would be for seller's to use the report buyer button. Enough of that and the buyer can (and probably does) get some scrutiny.

Really sorry. It sounds good. But there is nothing there.

Radine

Message 4 of 121
latest reply

I'll take care of myself, wont be strong armed into a policy that should be for everyone who sells on Ebay. I pay for my store like just everyone else and should be protected without enrolling in some policy that would cost more in the end then not enrolling at all.

Message 5 of 121
latest reply

@uniwarehousewares wrote:

Here you go 🙂 

__________ Protections for seller__________________
Seller Protections
When you deliver on your service promises to
create great buying experiences, we’ll protect
you from abusive buyer behavior and from events
outside your control.
We provide protections when:
• An item arrives late that you shipped on time
• An item is returned after it was opened, used,
or damaged when you offer free returns
• You delivered on your service promises, but
you received feedback or a defect that was
not accurate
• A buyer changes their order or demands extras

_____________Protections for top rated seller____________
New protections:
You can give a partial refund for items returned
opened, used or damaged.
• Recover the cost of the decreased value of
the item
• Give refunds based on the condition of the
item — you can deduct up to 50%
• We’ll remove feedback and defects and we’ll
take care of any remaining issues with the buyer
• Report the buyer when you issue the refund
through the eBay returns flow
• You will receive a credit on your invoice for the
amount of the return shipping cost up to $6
• We will automatically remove any feedback,
defects, and open cases in service metrics

How exactly will this below be confirmed and ruled in the sellers favor? 

Message 6 of 121
latest reply

yes there is alot of stuff which was announced @ ebay open, i would say for TRS there are protections i have gone through it. eBay will credit maxium 6$  on invoice and the feedback ,defects and open cases in service metrics, and it will be for falsely returns cases (item is not as described cases).

Message 7 of 121
latest reply

Thanks for the reply, again, how will they determine the criteria for what you describe as falsely return case. Not challenging you, I do thank you for the update. I find it frustrating and am unable to get excited about a policy such as this. Seems aloof without any teeth if their are not concrete method to assess each case. Until a see an explanation about the process, I will just assume business as usual that customer is king.

Message 8 of 121
latest reply

@collectfest wrote:

Thanks for the reply, again, how will they determine the criteria for what you describe as falsely return case. Not challenging you, I do thank you for the update. I find it frustrating and am unable to get excited about a policy such as this. Seems aloof without any teeth if their are not concrete method to assess each case. Until a see an explanation about the process, I will just assume business as usual that customer is king.

Hi @collectfest, all a Top Rated seller will need to do is offer 30 day returns, accept the return, and issue a refund (or partial refund) to qualify for the protections. We go off of Top Rated sellers track record, we do not need proof. I suggest that you read the FAQ here for more details. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 9 of 121
latest reply

Superb news. Thanks for getting back to me.

Have a great event.

Message 10 of 121
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@collectfest wrote:

Hi @collectfest, all a Top Rated seller will need to do is offer 30 day returns, accept the return, and issue a refund (or partial refund) to qualify for the protections. We go off of Top Rated sellers track record, we do not need proof. I suggest that you read the FAQ here for more details. 

I read the FAQ link provided, very helpful would encourage others to read.

Take care

Message 11 of 121
latest reply

@collectfest wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@collectfest wrote:

Take care

How is it a protection when the seller has to give a refund to the false claimant in order to get the protection?

Does ebay then do an investigation and give the refund back to the seller if later? Let the buyer keep the refund? All I see is that ebay will give up to $6 shipping refund.

posting ID only
Message 12 of 121
latest reply

@jocli76 wrote:

@collectfest wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@collectfest wrote:

Take care

How is it a protection when the seller has to give a refund to the false claimant in order to get the protection?

Does ebay then do an investigation and give the refund back to the seller if later? Let the buyer keep the refund? All I see is that ebay will give up to $6 shipping refund.

Hi @jocli76, in addition to the $6 shipping credit offered when a buyer falsely says an item isn't as described, we will also be removing negative feedback, defects, and Seller Metric cases. Sellers also have the option of only refunding up to 50% of the item cost instead of a full refund if the item is returned in an altered condition. Partial refunds are currently only available to sellers who offer free returns. When these new protections go live, Top Rated sellers who offer 30 day returns (they do not have to be free returns) will also be able to offer partial refunds based on the condition of the returned item. Sellers that are not Top Rated or that do not offer free returns will not have these added protections. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 13 of 121
latest reply

Dang...

Message 14 of 121
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@jocli76 wrote:

@collectfest wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@collectfest wrote:

Take care

Hi @jocli76, in addition to the $6 shipping credit offered when a buyer falsely says an item isn't as described, we will also be removing negative feedback, defects, and Seller Metric cases. Sellers also have the option of only refunding up to 50% of the item cost instead of a full refund if the item is returned in an altered condition. Partial refunds are currently only available to sellers who offer free returns. When these new protections go live, Top Rated sellers who offer 30 day returns (they do not have to be free returns) will also be able to offer partial refunds based on the condition of the returned item. Sellers that are not Top Rated or that do not offer free returns will not have these added protections. 

How exactly will it be determined if it is a "falsely stated item is not described"?

Based on the Spring update, we were given all the Sellers Protections that sounded good, until we called in and were told it only applies if the buyer is determined an "Abusive Buyer". And if we report them as an abusive buyer, we will not retroactively have any metrics or feedback removed.

Is this going to be the same?

Message 15 of 121
latest reply