cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Status

Hi Everyone,  Believe it or not but, I have just learned of the "ebay status" site.  Has the issue with "buying" affected everyone's sales as much as it has mine?  Stuff happens I guess.  I'm sure eBay will get it under control. Good Luck!!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

System Status

Believe it or not but, I have just learned of the "ebay status" site.

@jbbowers12012 

I'll go you one better... I've never even heard of it. Hmmm... 🤔

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

System Status

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Believe it or not but, I have just learned of the "ebay status" site.

@jbbowers12012 

I'll go you one better... I've never even heard of it. Hmmm... 🤔

https://www.ebay.com/sts

It has been hanging around for a while. Errors and glitches have been reported preventing buyers from purchasing.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

System Status

@jbbowers12012 wrote:

Hi Everyone,  Believe it or not but, I have just learned of the "ebay status" site.  Has the issue with "buying" affected everyone's sales as much as it has mine?  Stuff happens I guess.  I'm sure eBay will get it under control. Good Luck!!

The Status board is almost useless, significant issues are often not posted and those that are often not removed or updated when an issue is resolved.....still better than nothing I suppose.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

System Status

My sales don't appear to be affected at all.
If they are how would I know? 

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

System Status

@jbbowers12012 wrote:

I'm sure eBay will get it under control. 

You are?

You're not from around here, are ya?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

System Status

@chapeau-noir 

Today I tried to revise one of my items (photo).  When I inserted the newer picture, my description magically disappeared.  ?????

Darn cats.....🙀

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

System Status

I have not been able to list all day...started having issues yesterday. I have tried everything but when I modify the item description and either hit "list it" or "save it for later" it just goes blank thinking....then I het the "Parka boy" .....this happens about every time Google updates. I have tried 3 search engines, 2 different internet providers and switched the VPN off and on....Yes, all the usual stuff too.. This is the worst I have seen this issue and Yes, it is an Ebay issue....

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

System Status

Similar issues for me.  Noticed problems when trying to list on 2024-Apr-19th.  I kept trying and was able to get something up, but the process was really buggy, and at one point I had to rush and panic-unlist something that had changed my manually entered price of $75 back to the 'suggested' price of $12.

Now, on the 21st, I just tried to use the listing tool and couldn't complete a listing because the shipping section is just... gone.  No shipping options, can't specify a shipping price or handling time at all.

This is so frustrating, and the eBay status page doesn't seem to get updated to reflect current issues.  I can tolerate faults - technical issues happen, I don't expect 100% uptime - but I do expect a status board to tell me what's going on to the extent the company knows about it.  Even if they don't have an ETA, just letting us know 'yes, there is a problem, no it's not just you, yes we are working on it, sorry no resolution ETA yet but we'll update you as we know more' would be GREAT.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

System Status

Not knowing what the issue is, hard to say if it has affected anyone's sales or not.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

System Status

It's affecting mine, at minimum in that stuff I can't list has 0 chance of selling.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

System Status

It would make sense ....if you can't list it of course it would have zero chance of selling. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

System Status

Ok, I have an update.  I chatted with eBay support for a while and it seems that the issues I was encountering today (not seeing shipping price / handling options) were from 'Business Policies' being enabled.  I don't remember turning those on, but it isn't impossible that I might have done so when looking through options.

Support walked me through opting out of business policies and my listing tool returned back to normal with options for shipping and handling available again.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

System Status

I was reading about scattered issues in a couple of trade blogs - mostly buyers unable to check out, or receiving messages that they had exceeded the number of items allowed by a seller...when the seller had set no such limit.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

System Status

@mehlisaa wrote:

It's affecting mine, at minimum in that stuff I can't list has 0 chance of selling.

That would be a seller issue, not buyer.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 19
latest reply