cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden drop in sales May 2022

Please, report 13E9AEB6-1AE4-4BE0-9A83-516FDA4C16F6.jpeghere if you recently within a week or so experienced sudden drop in sales. We can then ask Velvet to pass it on to technical team for review of the accounts. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-category/m-p/...

Message 1 of 837
latest reply
836 REPLIES 836

Add me to the list . 

Message 271 of 837
latest reply

I think you have nailed it on the head with your comments, if only someone over there would listen to us long time sellers to understand the mess that they have created for many of us. I have sent in countless reports and spreadsheets, yet its like they go right to the trashcan on someone's desktop.

Message 272 of 837
latest reply

I added my name and nothing has gotten better.  When will this be addressed?  Many sellers are suffering here. 

Message 273 of 837
latest reply

When will Ebay fix this ?

Message 274 of 837
latest reply

Add me to the list.

I was selling about 5-7 items per week with my 250ish listings, but now I'm lucky to get 1 or 2.

Message 275 of 837
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

I think maybe time for another ebay inquisition in the line of management, starting with CEO on down the line. It's purely evident there are major issues with the site that directly affecting selling, item visibility, promoted listings standard and recently more inflated suggested rates (which were always designed to get sellers to elect more anyways but let's face it no is going to pay total of 20%+ to sell here), search, item view count, listing tool and bulk editor issues and they are all connected/affecting one another. Many posts on this thread from long time seller accounts and successful sellers alike, it isn't coincidence all experiencing same issues and large drop in sales  past 2-3 months (let's just say since last "seller update" - which always translate to loss of sales but this is ridiculous). Ebay is not willing to fix the issues they created. All these sellers are losing money, and so is ebay but they don't seem to care about that either. Paying for a store that ebay can't create a decent set up for. 

@nuclearomen   Yes, a key point being experienced Sellers seeing what is obviously a venue induced decline in sales.  I need to see a good sell through rate which relies on a balance between new customers, repeat customers and PLS Campaigns once a quarter.  My higher dollar items are typically sold Auction style where items below my "average" sale price are mainly GTC ...

-PLS Standard Campaigns this year have severely under performed

-GTC sales are well below average

-Repeat Buyers have carried a good part of my sales load, they do NOT rely on Search

-Shorter duration Auctions seem to sell well, might have something to do with "Time remaining" or "Ending soonest" type filters

I have shifted more inventory then normal to other venues due to the slow sell through rate on eBay.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 276 of 837
latest reply

Praying every single day that things gets fixed. I am really worried about my future here on eBay if this continues or gets worse.

Message 277 of 837
latest reply

I think there are multiple problems they have created.  My sales plummeted for a month,  then only picked up because a few diehard collectors found me and ran bidding wars on my auctions.  But it's been limited to almost primarily those few customers that now have me saved as a favorite seller and I'm sure religiously check my listings.  Since I add around 30 fresh auctions with no reserve and a crazy low opening bid, it

keeps them coming back. 

I recently needed a fuel pump for a 1933 Plymouth.  I wanted a new one,  not rebuilt.  Searched ebay and non one were listed or had been listed.  Finally decided to check google and what do you know,  2 brand new ones come up listed on ebay.  Yet I go back to ebay and search for them and they don't come up.  I have to use the google link to find and buy them.  

Same thing happened looking for an owner's manual.  Couldn't find one in the price range and condition I was happy with on ebay,  so I went to google.  Again one came up on ebay that didn't show up when I searched ebay for it.  Used the google link to ebay and bought it.  

People can't buy our stuff if when they search the site directly,  it doesn't even come up. 

Message 278 of 837
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@nuclearomen   Yes, a key point being experienced Sellers seeing what is obviously a venue induced decline in sales.  I need to see a good sell through rate which relies on a balance between new customers, repeat customers and PLS Campaigns once a quarter.  My higher dollar items are typically sold Auction style where items below my "average" sale price are mainly GTC ...

-PLS Standard Campaigns this year have severely under performed

-GTC sales are well below average

-Repeat Buyers have carried a good part of my sales load, they do NOT rely on Search

-Shorter duration Auctions seem to sell well, might have something to do with "Time remaining" or "Ending soonest" type filters

I have shifted more inventory then normal to other venues due to the slow sell through rate on eBay.

I think any seller longtime or shorter that has been successful selling and doing a business HAS to see a good sell through rate. The difference between hobby seller and a business is that the hobby seller doesn't need the sales to keep going. IDK about others, how they run their business etc... but I run off sales, sales come in, new stock is purchased, that money is recycled back into the business for growth, no sales, no new inventory, no growth. This is all pretty standard operation, doesn't need to be complicated and I'm not going into more diverse strategy, just stating the obvious in agreement with you. Luckily, ebay isn't my only source of sales, but the sales here went from multiple orders a day every day to one every few days and it's all ebay's doing and proof is in all the testimonies from others experiencing the same in this thread and throughout the entire community board. 

There is another issue I didn't mention before, and especially those longtime sellers here will know this true. You build followers on your selling account, those followers on many are in the thousands (mine not that high but still) ebay does not notify followers of anything, new listings etc... and so unless those people come to your profile or store regularly they don't even know what you have. This goes back to my saying we pay for a store that ebay can't even provide a decent set up for...at a cost one can easily use for an actual website AND SAVE MONEY in the cost for 1 year for that website and have total control and set up any way your heart desires. 

PLS USE to yield great results, sales everyday on PLS, now my PLS sales this past month like 4 (lol)...sure it cost seller if something sells via PLS, but my elections were never high 2-3% now PLS is broken, whatever they did at time of percentage increase destroyed PLS, I question the impressions as the view counts on listings are not correct there is no way impressions on PLS are right either. It's my guess they messed with the algorithms and that is likely cause for the poor PLS performances lately...what else would it be?  

The shame is (and for many) that ebay was always good place to sell (for me, but i know that many share that), past few months have been horrible, likely, the worst I have experienced since 2018/2019 here. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 279 of 837
latest reply

You think thats bad, I list 10-30 items EVERY day and am lucky to have a sale a day recently. 

Ebay Hellooo!

Message 280 of 837
latest reply

@ekmadonna 
I can back that up also, adding new stock daily always yielded results, not now, the view count broken so can't even tell what is being viewed and what isn't...which doesn't help the situation. 

Message 281 of 837
latest reply

Agreed

Message 282 of 837
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

@ekmadonna 
I can back that up also, adding new stock daily always yielded results, not now, the view count broken so can't even tell what is being viewed and what isn't...which doesn't help the situation. 

@nuclearomen  And of course they took away the ability to sort by Views ... I went done through my Active list and counted ... 23.5% with ZERO Views and another 18% with ONE View ... so 41.5% with virtually NO Visibility ... can't sell much that way ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 283 of 837
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

@ekmadonna 

@nuclearomen  And of course they took away the ability to sort by Views ... I went done through my Active list and counted ... 23.5% with ZERO Views and another 18% with ONE View ... so 41.5% with virtually NO Visibility ... can't sell much that way ...

@mr_lincoln i don't even look anymore, it's broken, it was broken the moment they put this silly new view count live. The whole thing is dumb and thought up by someone working at ebay that has no ideas worth venturing and needed to do something to keep their job. 

Message 284 of 837
latest reply

Please  add me to the list my sales were down now I haven't had any sales

Message 285 of 837
latest reply