cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Videos and Traffic Data: A Comparison

@ velvet@ebay.com

Please pass this on to the Stores Team or Videos Team or Tracking Team, whoever is in charge of this:

You guys know how some of us have been begging you to provide tracking for store videos? Here's what one of your smaller competitors provides:

"When your video posts become visible to buyers, you’ll be able to see how each post is performing through the following metrics:

Total reach: The number of unique buyers that have seen your post.
Total likes: The number buyers who liked your post.
Revenue from your post: The total amount made from a sale attached to your post.
Listing visits: The number of buyers who visited a listing attached to your post.
Shop visits: The number of buyers who visited your shop after viewing your post.
Comments: Number of buyers who commented on your posts

Here's what ebay provides:

Nothing.

Just some food for thought. Jamie wants ebay to be "THE platform of choice for sellers..."

That's a pretty phrase, but when it comes to providing your sellers with traffic data, no offense, but you guys aren't even in the running at this point.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

velvet@ebay 

Whenever you get a chance to pass this along, I'd appreciate it. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

I thought you also might find this of interest, as I know you'd like to see better traffic reporting as well.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Whenever you get a chance to pass this along, I'd appreciate it. 

I've passed this feedback/request on @my-cottage-books-and-antiques. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks velvet@ebay   

I sure hope the team sees the value in this sort of data, and here's hoping we can have it in place before Q4!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

While I 100% agree that more statistics would be great, I hope it would be a higher priority that they FIX the statistics that we already have! As adding more statistics would be pointless if they aren't even accurate (as the numbers now are).

As you said, they aren't even in the running for providing traffic data... But what they are in the running for right now is INACCURATE traffic data. It makes it very hard to believe it's a coincidence as well, when statistics breaking coincides with all the reports of issues with sales and visible alarming changes to eBay's search results...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@zamo-zuan  Yes, there's plenty of room for improvement in general traffic reporting, but could I ask a favor?

I'd really appreciate if we could keep this thread focused on the entirely separate issue of traffic reports for store videos, which are currently non-existent. It is a separate matter, very possibly involves a different combination of teams, and it is important in its own right.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply