cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still can not verify bank info for managed payments!

I wasn't completely against managed payments but I'm seriously stressing and about to pull my hair out.

I sent my bank information for the bank account I have used for years and after a few attempts to upload documents, verify identity, etc. Ebay said it was not supported. So I opened a new bank account specifically for managed payments. Again Ebay couldn't verify the bank info even after uploading the requested documents. I couldn't even sign into my bank and do it that way. Once I put in my bank username and password I was asked to verify my identity by text but the phone numbers listed are not mine and is definitely not the phone number linked to my bank account. I double checked. I called the bank but they say they can't help. Go figure. So I opened another account and of coarse, Ebay can't verify that info either. In the last two months I have uploaded multiple bank statements and direct deposit forms, opened two new bank accounts and have contacted Ebay and my bank several times with no help.  An Ebay rep told me not to worry about it until managed payments was active. Then apparently I could change my bank information but what if it still doesn't work? And Why do I keep getting notifications telling me to update my bank info now?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Still can not verify bank info for managed payments!

My main issue is they are holding $100 of mine between two accounts I sell on. I need the money and they know it, to pay for a lot of magic lantern slides the seller is crazy to be unloading in the way she is. eBay is aware because they as rich people in California would be the type of buyers buying up these 100+ year old rare images single even if it fits the scenario like a movie prop needed. I realize the lady probably knows what she has but has came into a giant collection and dorsn:t know how to work google images. On top of what I just said google images stopped working so sweet for me. I just remembered I need to go delete my 7 day free trial for worthpedia or whatever that site that stores values of sold eBay items. It's pure garbage not worth a cent. That info should be stored by Google or eBay anyhow. Anyway they know I won a lot of slides that I will make 10 times my money on fast at $20 a piece at fast nickel sales prices. And 100 times my money at outrageous prices at a slow dime sales rate. They being the buyers in California want nothing more but me to disappear. I'll be surprised if they don't say my name saying Kris instead of Kristopher as it does on my Id and on eBay is an issue. Of which I'll be forced to open a new bank account just to have Kristopher as the first name vs Kris which everyone knows is short hand for Kristopher. All the address and everything match. I'm sure the seller is not going to be mad if I can't make payment but my finances will be as I know one of the slides alone is worth over $100. It's a ship and beautiful in color. On a raging sea. I'm having to pay up as I won it fir $79 + $40 shipping. The rest honestly are not that fantastic but I don't care I still want them all because there are very few wooden Magic Lantern slides on eBay. These ones I have are so cool it's hard to believe they let me win them. I paid $200 or $220 for 76 of them which is about $3 a piece. Many are easily $20 but that's to the fast nickel sellers which most are on eBay and they usually don't know what they have too. 

I live in Iowa. Garage sales are weak here. Literally pitiful compared to California. Even our thrift stores are very hot and miss. So I like to use eBay as my source to buy to resell. I did quite well on coins at first then it started going sour on me. Like they were letting me win until they knew I was going to resell. And on top of that teach others what's good in coins to look for. I doubt the ones I taught came at me as buyers. But don't doubt eBay employees and even CEO toyed with me on many occasions. Including some of the rarest coins I've sold that brought half what I paid. I was surprised to see I sold the 1872 for $73 a $20 profit. And the buyer ended up being a family related name which is very odd. 

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

They sent me an email in messages saying I had to give them my photo id and a bank statement on both accounts the very same day , to prove I am who I say I am. So I did last Friday. It takes 2 business days to get the matter taken care of they say.  Curious if I'm the only one who got this recent message or if they are trying to clear out scammer sellers. When I linked my bank account for managed payments one account took no issue. The other one took it and pays me or did up until this hold was placed, but in my selling tab it kept telling me I needed to update my account info to not have future issues. There is nothing to change. It's in their system. 

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

If you have them call you they usually do pretty good. In chat you have to tell them you want to talk to a human. They immediately hook you up with someone. Thing is I don't feel it's very secure anymore and they usually just drive me crazy. So call and skip chat other than simple questions. 

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

There is obviously an issue with the system. If we all checked each other's items out I'm guessing there might be a connection to us not being the type of sellers they want if this persists. I can't see any other venue working for me like eBay has to be honest. The buyers who buy and leave me feedback are great. The sneaky buyers who leave no feedback or have suspicious names are piling up. 

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

How did you find this ? You are one with high feedback score for one thing and looks like us low ball numbers are having the issues. 

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Another high number feedback with no issue pertaining to our own. Just noting the numbers seem to matter. 

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

A one off? 

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

I'll take your two cents and whoever else can helpe. Since I'm fed up with the shenanigans from eBay. I don't trust them as an entity or the population in general sadly. I best get my payments delivered by Wednesday. Today at 5pm will officially be 2 business days since Friday at 5pm. There is no reason to be putting small sellers in financial binds. We are not Kmarts Wal Marys or big companies yet and never will be with the way they step on our throats or hold us down. I've got plenty of merchandise to list and sell and am owed in my opinion a feedback for every thing that declines to leave it whether it's blank or filled in. I want to see my number rise as is due. Those numbers do indicate a lot. Also it's how you become a top rated seller and get a humane showing in search results vs the **bleep** I'm being given. One of my accounts I can't even see my coin listed unless I do ending soonest. That's down right fraud on their part. Because they lead us to believe we are selling to everyone when in reality the majority don't use or know to use ending soonest and go with their best match hog wash. 

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Ebay charges you a 12% fee.

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

Necro thread, over a year old, with a completely off-topic response bringing it back.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

How long after you opened your chime account did it go through? did you have to have some money in the account?

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

i wondered same. i tried varo, and no. so i looked up what's best, and have an inactive usually chime account, so put those numbers in, and still its not being recognized. wth... i have a very unique name so it's not the name not matching. and i've used the chat box like 8 times asking for a list of banks. most hung up without answereing or even trying. one said to put the numbers in manually. i was like... u dodo, i told you that IS HOW i put the info in... and i wrote any fdic approved bank with both a routhing and account number that's checking SHOULD WORK! INCLUDING PP! OMG! WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS?! and omg the trend these days of using people who know nothing more than i know myself for customer service is **bleep**ed. we call and waste an hour for stupid pleasantries, and they hang up if we don't answer their "is that right" 42 times before getting to the **bleep** answer, which they usually have no way of finding out. THEY NEED IT GUYS IN THERE! AND MANAGERS! SHE WASN'T EVEN AWARE THEY DON'T TAKE VARO! omg its been a very long difficult day.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply