cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, the verification code you entered does not match against the image. Please try again.

I've reentered over 200 times. Do you think its possible that eBay is just messing with me?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Sorry, the verification code you entered does not match against the image. Please try again.

gopetersen
Rockstar

Is this a verification code to contact them?

If it doesn't work the first or second time, get a fresh one.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Re: Sorry, the verification code you entered does not match against the image. Please try again.

Do you think its possible that eBay is just messing with me?

yes! 😉

MENstruation, MENopause, MENtal Breakdowns - most of women's problems begin with men...
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

gopete- it doesn't work at all for me on the advanced search when searching for a user. I got a new code at least 30 times and it would not recognize any of the codes. When sending a message and asked for a code, I usually have to change the code at least 4 or 5 times to get it to finally recognize the code I typed in. 

Its super annoying to say the least. I have given up on using the advanced search when looking for a user. I now go to an external website and find the ID, and click on the ID from the external site if I'm looking for a particular user, which isn't often, but I've had to do this around 3 or 4 times. 

Christa

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Oh, you're talking about the Captcha code to prevent bots from using Advanced search? I thought you meant the validation code for calling customer service.

Some of those Captchas can be hard to read but I've never had to enter more than 2 or 3 times. I wonder why it's not working for you.

Have you tried clicking the Listen to the Numbers link on the right so it speaks the code for you? It might not make a difference if it's a software problem, but it might help if it's displaying something different from what it's expecting in return and just maybe the audio version is correct.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Hum.   Ya, I've had reason to use them 4 times in the past 24 hours, and didn't have a problem.   Do you suppose it could be a browser incompatibility?

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

I just tried it myself with TenFourFox (Mac version of Firefox for PowerPC) and it worked.

Browser incompatibility is a possibility.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I'm on a Mac too.  So we know it's working … on 2 macs.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

We're sorry. We cannot continue because of one of the following reasons:
  • The numbers entered don't match the image. Please change the image and try again.

Saved searches:trailer document holderSee all saved searches

Find a member
Enter user ID or email address of member
Enter a user ID to access a member's profile, items for sale and eBay Stores. You will be shown exact and close matches to the user ID. For privacy purposes, only limited information is provided when searching by email address. Learn more.
Enter verification code hidden in the image Click for help

Error
The verification code you entered is incorrect. Please try again.
Change the image | Listen to the numbers

Search

I just tried the advanced search again, this is what it gives me. When I try again with a new code, I get the same message. I know I'm entering the correct code, I try changing the code, listening to the code, everything, it still won't work. The codes are easy to read, so I know 100% for sure I'm entering the code correctly.

Christa

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I'm using Chrome. I haven't tried another browser yet. This happens always when I use the advanced search, and I have to re-enter several times when sending a message that requires the code. It will eventually recognize the code in the message system, but it never works using the advanced search.

Christa

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

The only thing I can think of is maybe trying FireFox and maybe someone using Chrome can chime in and ask let us know if it's working for them.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Thanks gopete. 

I tried to download FireFox a few days ago, hoping this would solve some of the issues I have on eBay, but my internet connection may have failed due to the storms, so I got an error. I will try again tonight. 

Christa

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Wrong, I'm using Firefox and I am caught in this endless loop of ebay stupidity. No, I didn't enter the numbers wrong. No, I didn't stop at only 20 or 30 tries. I'm trying to contact a seller whose listing says "Let me know should there be questions." So when I try to ask a question, ebay stupidly tells me "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing." I suggest you stick it in your pie hole. What doesn "not able to respond" mean? Is he dead? Is he pining for the fjords? Has he been paralyzed from the neck down? These are just ebay's ways of saying "GFY". Just like paypal's method "Try another credit or debit card". Yeah, you can try a million credit cards, but they are lying to you: nothing will work. And all their CSR's are brain damaged. It just goes to show that when you have the stranglehold on the market, you don't have to give a **bleep**. Ain't capitalism wonderful?
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Yep, seen this a lot, some codes just don't work, no matter how many times you inter them.

Now, when I get an error message (or I can't read the code)

I just hit that "change" button and that seems to work,  never tried to listen, but may have to give that a try.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I had the same issue on another website a couple of nights ago. No matter WHAT it refused to accept the (correctly entered) captcha. I really LOATHE those things.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 15 of 23
latest reply