cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry I didn't ship it at the crack of dawn ...

I know, i know, it all just comes with the territory... but I'm still going to vent

If you buy something from me, don't start messaging me at noon the next day harassing me about shipping. ESPECIALLY when you have no reason 🙄 if you need it by a certain date, you should tell me before you purchase, and if you forget to, ok, I'll still work with you... but don't just be impatient for the sake of being impatient...

If you message me at noon the day after purchase asking when I'm gunna ship it, I'm gunna ask you why you're asking. I'm expecting an answer like "I need it by Friday as a birthday gift".

This ex-repeat customer (blocked) used to buy from me at 11p or midnight, and message me 12 hours later at noon. The conversation went like this ... every...single...time:

Buyer (12 hrs after purchase): Hey! We live like an hour apart, the item I bought should get here super quick!

Me: Yes sir.

Buyer: ... So when are you shipping it?

Me: *eye roll*

Please stop harassing me 🤣 

P.S. if it hasn't shipped by next day noon, it's usually because I'm in the process of packing it and it'll be out the door by end of business day.

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Sorry I didn't ship it at the crack of dawn ...

I have a simple template at my ready which I send to each buyer. Takes me mere seconds and pretty much eliminates those "shipped yet?" questions.

It also instills a human tone to the transaction.

Hi

Nice to hear from you again (if repeat buyer) Thanks very much for your purchase of the xxxx  xxxxx.  We will safely pack and ship your xxxxxxx this Tuesday April 16.

Thanks again, we truly do appreciate your (repeat) business. Enjoy the day.

Our first names

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

Feel better now that you vented? Breathe and enjoy your weekend. 

✌️

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Can you imagine what the kids of these kids will be like in another generation with their neuralinks?   

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

A lot of buyers aren't too smart, and don't understand that they are buying from individuals and not some big faceless 24/7 corporation named eBay.   

I was at a pharmacy that had a small postal counter.  This hoodie type dude with two subordinates comes in and takes off a baseball cap and tosses it at the older lady at the counter.  "RETURN THIS TO eBAY"   No packaging, no further information!  The lady asks for the invoice, packaging etc. and the guy gets impatient, he bellows, "eBAY, eBAY  send it to eBAY!   The two dudes with him start mouthing off too.

The lady is alone and shoots me a look.  I nod back, and have my phone set up 9-1  ready to hit the last 1 if needed.   She tells them this is just a mail counter at the pharmacy, they need to go to the big post office downtown for that.  They all groan, mouthing off how lame she is etc.  and storm out, then peel out of the parking lot.

I approach the counter and I said to her, "The big post office can't help them either." and she said she knew, she just needed them out of there!    

That's right!  Full grown semi-adults had no idea how eBay works.

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

You handled it well. I've actually done that on my phone in certain situations, also.

P.S. Nice writing.

Message 35 of 38
latest reply

Mine is a little different.  I don't believe in taking on risk for pennies.

This is actually the last one I did, about four weeks ago.  

It doesn't happen very often, but I appreciate it when a 'buyer' raises their hand early in the deal and yells "I'm gonna be a problem!"

"Dear Mr. Buyer:   I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our services.  It is good that we hear of this problem early, it makes rectifying it easy.  We received your order on our servers on Friday afternoon after our warehouse and fulfillment people went home for the weekend. 

We saw your message on Monday (today, the next business day) and per our published policies it wasn't required to be shipped until Thursday.  It actually would have gone out tomorrow, Tuesday. 

But, per your implied request, I will cancel this sale and refund you in full so that you can find a seller that you are better able to work with. "

Cancel the sale.

Place on BBL. 

And, I don't care if 'buyer' leaves red feedback, or Ebay dings my account, or any of that ...

I end it, quickly and with finality. 

I don't work on weekends.  Sometimes if I'm bored, I'll check in on the account(s).  But usually I shut down Friday afternoon and go back to work Monday morning.  

My family time is MY time, and I don't care what it costs.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

@rockystradingpost wrote:

You handled it well. I've actually done that on my phone in certain situations, also.

P.S. Nice writing.

911 does NO good where I live.

I would have unsnapped the weapon on my belt and left.

My neighbors and fellow voters here in California voted to allow and even encourage that kind of behavior.

I do NOT take ANY action to defend someone who will not defend themselves.

I just make myself and my family safe, and retreat.

And I will defend my retreat with appropriate response.

She would have been on her own if it was me.

"Sorry honey, you voted for it."

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

Funny... I was thinking about this thread last night when I was laying awake in bed around 2am.  My phone pings.  I take a look and it's someone asking an eBay question.  I quickly answer it. They ping back "Thanks!"  My wife groans, "Does this ever stop?"   I tell her that this is a 24-7 around the globe business and the guy was probably starting his morning in Europe.   Then I got curious and looked... the guy was in New Jersey!  

I had this mental vision of jumping out of bed at 2am, running down two flights of stairs, quickly packing and hitting the "SENT" button before I turned into a pumpkin!  

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 38 of 38
latest reply