cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something that could be advatageous in Best Offer situations

I had an idea, and just wanted to shoot it out to see if anyone else this could help secure "best offer" sales more effectively.

When someone sends us an email asking if you would consider an offer on a particular iem, you have a box that allows you to make a certain offer right away and see if it sticks.  But anyone who's been in sales as long as I have (35+ years) yeah, you can shoot them an offer but we all know that when it comes down to best offeres, at least when working a real "brick & motar" in a store, retail enviroment, getting people to not just throw your idea away and play games, those need direct live communication in many cases to actually get them to work. 

Call me nuts but I've seen other sites similar to this that do use that approach.  I checked out Bonaza once and you could see if the seller was on line and if you found something you liked you could chat with him about it, which I thought was a great concept.  Soes anyone think this would work for them as well?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

When someone sends us an email asking if you would consider an offer on a particular iem, you have a box that allows you to make a certain offer right away and see if it sticks.  

LIke this?

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 9.49.42 PM.png

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

LOL

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

You might have misunderstood the op. They are saying that they are aware there is a box there to make an offer now but are suggesting that a chat option would work better for clarification in some cases.  

It might be handy to be able to do a real time chat with a buyer but because eBay likes to restrict conversation between sellers and potential buyers, I can’t see them ever allowing that. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Can't see this happening because ebay will claim you are trying to do an off ebay sale anytime the bidder/seller contacts each other directly 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Some sellers wouldn't be pleased with having to chat....some just sell too much to take the time, others wouldn't want to take the time because of their lifestyle, etc. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Erm yeah. Last thing I want to do is take up my time chit chatting to a potential buyer. I'm not a 24 hour Wally World TYVM. Are we not supposed to have ANY life away from eBay now? Sorry OP, I think it's a horrendous idea.

At least with emails I can answer in my own time.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@fuzzface50wrote:

Can't see this happening because ebay will claim you are trying to do an off ebay sale anytime the bidder/seller contacts each other directly 

Agreed. Ebay seems to discourage, "chatting it up, between buyers and sellers"

Message 8 of 8
latest reply