cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something Weird GTC Showing 31, 32 and 37 days

Today's ending listings are re-listing showing 31, 32 and 37 days for next cycle.

Plus, when I try to add a new listing, it gets nestled under the the 27th day listings instead of continuing onto the last re-list, which is 37 days.

Anyone else?

Help tyler@ebay  or @Anonymous  or brian@ebay.com 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's because of the change from 30 days to 1 month listing periods for GTC.

The date being used by eBay is the date of the ORIGINAL listing.

If you listed a GTC on January 5th 2019 then over the past 6 months the date of renew would have kept changing (in Feb it would have been the 4th).

Now the listings are being converted to monthly but use the 5th as the start date not whatever date it renewed in June.

This oddity will only happen this month, from now on they will renew on the same day of the month every time.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It's because of the change from 30 days to 1 month listing periods for GTC.

The date being used by eBay is the date of the ORIGINAL listing.

If you listed a GTC on January 5th 2019 then over the past 6 months the date of renew would have kept changing (in Feb it would have been the 4th).

Now the listings are being converted to monthly but use the 5th as the start date not whatever date it renewed in June.

This oddity will only happen this month, from now on they will renew on the same day of the month every time.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Very confusing!

I've been using GTC for 10 years and this never happened.

Thanx for letting me know.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi @stuff4divas - 

@slippinjimmy is right-on the money with this. Because we changed the way GTC works, this month will be a bit of an adjustment, but once everything 'cycles' once it will be back to the way you expect it to look moving forward. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply