cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone bought my listing, but when i checked their user, it says "no longer a registered user"

A buyer bought my listing, i click their name, nothing but the words "No longer a registered user". I have a feeling this might be a scam someone is trying to pull on me, but i don't really know for sure.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Someone bought my listing, but when i checked their user, it says "no longer a registered user"

@agentdan64 

If you have gotten that message, then don't ship the item.  Cancel with the reason of problem with buyer's address.  They will be refunded and you will get your fees refunded.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Have they paid you? Is eBay telling you to ship? If they have not paid my guess is they are not going to and after 4 days you can cancel, or eBay will auto-cancel if you have your settings setup that way, for non-payment. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

They had paid, and ebay is telling me to ship "paid - ship now". But on the other hand, ebay sent a message regarding the thing, and it tells me to "but unfortunately the buyer, is no longer registered on eBay so we had to cancel all of their open transactions. Don't complete the sale or ship the item"

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@agentdan64 

If you have gotten that message, then don't ship the item.  Cancel with the reason of problem with buyer's address.  They will be refunded and you will get your fees refunded.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@agentdan64 

Hi Dan

Sorry for your situation.  Most likely this person was someone who has been reprimanded before due to their questionable buying behavior.  Don't ship.  Refund if you have been paid and block them from making further purchases on your site. 

Happy Selling

Message 5 of 5
latest reply