cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution to One Day Free Listing ?

First of all, Unless you have a store, I think Ebay has done away with the 50 Free Listings.   I noticed this when I went to relist, so think twice about what your sellling.

Second - Many are distressed about the Free Listings being for one Day.   If you don't have a store and you have listings that will expire within 30 days.    End all of your listings and relist  them all to give you 30 more days of free listings.   This is what I did tonight.   Regardless of how many were going to expire or how many days were left.   I simply ended them all and relisted.   Now I have 30 days to figure out what I'm going to do.   So you do have the ability to do this until tomorrow night.   That is it.   Suppose to end June 1st probably at midnight.   

I saw a policy change, but never read it and kept the thought in the back of my mind.   I think it had to do with the 50 free listings taken away from ones who have no store ?   In anycase, Ebay is always constantly making changes and when they do, it always hurts the seller.   Be prepared for anything.   If you have been selling 10 plus years, you can usually find your way around these policies.   It stinks when your new or haven't been here long enough to see the various things that have changed over time to know how to protect yourself.   My advice is to make sure that you really want to sell an item and if not or you don't figure it is worth it.   Give it away as a free gift.   That will help with buyer retention.   Everyone likes free things.   As your items end, think about whether they should be listed at all.   If not, take them off.  

I'm in the same boat as you.   So think out of the box, only what will sell or you can make a decent enough profit to cover any loss.   Ebay is Big Business and it is about to Go Down.   Trust Me.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Solution to One Day Free Listing ?

@denisemclean15 Was this meant to be a reply to another thread instead of a new topic?

Regardless, non-stores still have 50 free listings per month. That has not changed. Don't know where you're getting that info from.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

fees to high on ebay usa so go to ebay uk 0.40pence a basic auction no matter where you start it at, usa were charging me $1.10 a listing so I can't list there anymore to expensive
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Going to bed, but, When I went to my listings... One of them was expired and I went to try to list it and it was going to charge me 30 cents. I tried different ways to list and each time it was going to charge me. The only way I could get around it was to go back into my trash where the 500 free listings were and activate it to prevent me from not being charged. I have been selling about 15 years now, so I'm very familiar with Ebay and unless I missed something. I only do the 50 free because I have my main store on Etsy and I'm a Vintage Seller, so I list the new ones on Ebay, sometimes a few older. This is when I noticed the charge and I believe it has been happening since last month because I don't usually get charged only but the Final value fees. If I'm wrong, I hope so because I really don't want to give all my stuff away and only sell on Etsy. I want to continue using Ebay for the free listings so I can utilize this venue for selling the new items ? Feel free to email back. I will respond after I go to bed and later when I get back home. I hope you are right. One more month and I will know for sure if not sooner. I was going to call them, but nobody was on board at this time. So I hope things are still the same, but Ebay does a lot of things, constantly changing things. THave a Good night .

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@denisemclean15wrote:

First of all, Unless you have a store, I think Ebay has done away with the 50 Free Listings.   I noticed this when I went to relist, so think twice about what your sellling.

No, they haven't ended it.

Sellers who don't have a store still get 50 listings each month with free insertion fees. But, you had already used your 50 listings for May, and it wasn't June yet in California when you posted this. eBay HQ is in California, so they use Pacific time.

All of your current listings were started May-31 between 23:06 and 23:10 Pacific time.

capture11.JPG

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@denisemclean15 wrote:

Second - Many are distressed about the Free Listings being for one Day.   If you don't have a store and you have listings that will expire within 30 days.    End all of your listings and relist  them all to give you 30 more days of free listings.   This is what I did tonight.   Regardless of how many were going to expire or how many days were left.   I simply ended them all and relisted.   Now I have 30 days to figure out what I'm going to do.   So you do have the ability to do this until tomorrow night.   That is it.   Suppose to end June 1st probably at midnight.   

I saw a policy change, but never read it and kept the thought in the back of my mind.   I think it had to do with the 50 free listings taken away from ones who have no store ?   In anycase, Ebay is always constantly making changes and when they do, it always hurts the seller.   Be prepared for anything.   If you have been selling 10 plus years, you can usually find your way around these policies.   It stinks when your new or haven't been here long enough to see the various things that have changed over time to know how to protect yourself.   My advice is to make sure that you really want to sell an item and if not or you don't figure it is worth it.   Give it away as a free gift.   That will help with buyer retention.   Everyone likes free things.   As your items end, think about whether they should be listed at all.   If not, take them off.  Collect the items and maybe sell in a big lot what you normally would sell individually just to get rid of those items.   Check out other venues like Etsy which is only 20 cents for 4 months listing, no membership fee.    You can list on more than one site.   I find other venues have greater exposure and for longer amount of time.    

I'm in the same boat as you.   So think out of the box, only what will sell or you can make a decent enough profit to cover any loss.   Ebay is Big Business and it is about to Go Down.   Trust Me.

There are so many wrong statements in this that I don't even have time to correct them all. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Have store and free selling accounts here.  I rely on my 50-Free-Listing accounts monthly, and they are STILL offering those 50-free, so can't figure out what the OP was seeing, or what was going on that she was being charged 30¢ per listing if she hadn't used up her allotment yet. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@mistwomandancing, it was a misunderstanding due to time zones.

OP was posting items just before midnight in Pacific time, so it was still May 31, not June 1. And had already used up the 50 free listings for May.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@denisemclean15 wrote:
Going to bed, but, When I went to my listings... One of them was expired and I went to try to list it and it was going to charge me 30 cents. I tried different ways to list and each time it was going to charge me. 

That's what happens when you've used your 50 for May, and then try to list items at 2am on June 1. It's still May 31 as far as eBay is concerned, because they run on Pacific time, so they charge you.

Please stop claiming that our 50 free have been taken away. No, you didn't see any new policy statement or announcement about that. I've seen two thread where you've posted this misinformation; hopefull that's the extent of it.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

lacemaker3 wrote:

@mistwomandancing, it was a misunderstanding due to time zones.

OP was posting items just before midnight in Pacific time, so it was still May 31, not June 1. And had already used up the 50 free listings for May.

Oh, of COURSE!  Thanks for setting this straight in my head.  I couldn't figure out why the OP wouldn't be able to access 50 free listings in a basic account.  DUH  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

My listing amount never changed.   I had the same amount I always do.   So I'm not sure why you would think that regardless of the month they are in.   In any case, I got hit for a circumventing funds when I made the suggestion that a person could sell on different venues.   I sell on more than one site and they slapped me for saying that.   They made it look as though I were telling you to list somewhere else.   You can't help anyone without getting slapped.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Maybe it was a freak thing with timing, but I got a violation for it.   I was only trying to help.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Maybe your right. I might have not thought about time zones. Sorry, but I got slapped just the same with a violation for trying to help you guys.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@denisemclean15 wrote:

My listing amount never changed.   I had the same amount I always do.   So I'm not sure why you would think that regardless of the month they are in.

"50 free" means you are allowed to start 50 listings in that month at no charge. It doesn't mean that you are allowed to have 50 active listings at all times. If a listing ends before the end of the month (e.g. when the month has 31 days), and you've already started 50 in that month, you don't get to start another free one in its place.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply