cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Shorts New With Tags

Sold Shorts New With Tags.

6 days after buyer receives they they message me saying they want to cancel the order because the shorts are very very old.

Is this some kind of new scam or what?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Sold Shorts New With Tags

I try to refrain from calling anything brand new that was bought on the secondary market.  They are very different from items purchased off the shelf in the clean setting of a retail store.  Could have been sitting in a basement, garage or the closet of a smoker for years.  Do you know when they were manufactured?  It's usually coded on the tags somewhere.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

You have 30 day returns it don't mater what they say you take the return.

Most likly they did not like it after they got it...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Is this some kind of new scam or what?

@jacwes 

Who knows????? Never heard of this.  

Your buyer actually asked to CANCEL?   

Perhaps just respond politely that the item has already been shipped and cannot be canceled. (?)  

If they eventually file for a return they can say anything they want so long as they pick a not as described reason from the drop down menu.  Their comments will never be considered.   Yours won't either.  Your description and pictures no longer matters once the buyer chooses the appropriate "pick a lie" for a return. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

"Hello; I'm assuming you meant this message for another seller as the item I shipped to you was Brand New with Tags. Thanks

Then, just wait and see if they open a 'return' and go from there (you already accept 30 day returns, so...)

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Well, how old were they?  I mean, when were they manufactured and sold originally?  If you have a young buyer, the shorts are "very old" if they were made five years ago and "very very old" if they were made ten years ago, nearly half a lifetime to someone in her/his early 20s. 

I'm not defending the buyer's reaction, but I'm offering a possible explanation for it.

=

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

I try to refrain from calling anything brand new that was bought on the secondary market.  They are very different from items purchased off the shelf in the clean setting of a retail store.  Could have been sitting in a basement, garage or the closet of a smoker for years.  Do you know when they were manufactured?  It's usually coded on the tags somewhere.

I agree with you absolutely.  If an item of clothing -- or any other piece of merchandise -- is sold in a retail store, then taken home and thrown into a drawer unused, later given to the local thrift shop, finally bought by a seller to list on eBay, the item is not brand new.  It is not even new.  "As new" or "unused" or "still with original tags" or whatever -- but not new.  (I understand that many do not agree with us, of course.)

=

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If they "received" it, their option then is to "return" it, not "cancel" the order.  

I often see Sellers list clothing (or other items) as New/Old Stock (NOS), but it would depend on how "old" something was?  You do not mention the brand or item, but often a Buyer would want something from a current release vs something much older, etc.

Doubt is it a scam, but without more information on the item sold, hard to guide you.  

Would email a reply that their item has been delivered and an order cancellation is not applicable - how best would they like to proceed?  Am guessing, they would like to return the item to you.  You appear to have 30 day returns, buyer pays shipping, so perhaps reiterate that to the Buyer and await their reply?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

"I regret you are unhappy with your purchase. Please return it for a refund."

If he demands a partial refund:

If he threatens negative feedback.

If he threatens to open a Dispute.

If he opens a Dispute

If he does open a Dispute, you may be required to send return shipping.

If he does not return his purchase you do not have to refund. The return shipping will eventually be credited to you.

You can demand a Return even if you have a No Returns policy.

When you get it  back refund and relist, with modifications if necessary.

Most buyers are honest. They do not complain unless they are unhappy.

And most are unhappy enough that they don't want to pay return shipping. So they use the Not As Described button.

Sketchey but not criminal.

Not every transaction will go perfectly.

It's business not personal.

Have you heard the Good News about Cookie Jar Insurance?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

They are still being sold at Old Navy  #551167 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply