cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold $4000 Macbook Pro, Buyer trying to scam and chageback.

I am not very experienced. I recently sold a Macbook Pro on eBay. The buyer paid immediately and everything looks good, except the buyer told me to ship to another address. Being the noob ebayer I was I agreed and now the buyer is charging back on Paypal. I am very worried losing $4000 and the buyer getting a free Macbook. I looked this up and it says that if you ship to a different address you are not protected. Does this mean I cannot win? I have evidence that they told me to ship to their new address. I even got them to say, I agree to have it shipped to this address. Please help..

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Sold $4000 Macbook Pro, Buyer trying to scam and chageback.

If you just shipped it within a day or so, go to your post office and have the item recalled.  Do not walk, RUN!!  You should have tracking, and it might cost you a few bucks.  But, to get back the Mac, do it!!

If it's been a while, your only choice might be a mail fraud filing.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

Look 👀 Before responding.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 52
latest reply

The buyer scam
Message 4 of 52
latest reply

Sorry you will lose 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 52
latest reply

Any chance the zip code is the same for the 2nd address? As the paypal address? 

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

Collect the evidence, take screen shots of everything, call PayPal tomorrow and explain the situation to them and ask them who to email your attachments and evidence to, do the same thing, call eBay right away and do the same with them.

If you do not dispute the chargeback with the credit card company, you will lose, you have to answer with your evidence on each step of the process.

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

You've sold this last month too, did you open non payment case ? You need to recall this package if you can, It's really your only hope. Good luck to you.

I will Never understand how a newbie seller can even list this Item.

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

@tonycea wrote:

Collect the evidence, take screen shots of everything, call PayPal tomorrow and explain the situation to them and ask them who to email your attachments and evidence to, do the same thing, call eBay right away and do the same with them.

If you do not dispute the chargeback with the credit card company, you will lose, you have to answer with your evidence on each step of the process.

Since they shipped to an address not used in the payment on PayPal they don't qualify for seller protection 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 9 of 52
latest reply

Why should the dude refund, tell the buyer to send the computer back........

Keep fighting this man, like I said, fight at every step, if you have to hire an attorney.

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

Thank you, I will try. Currently on 2 hour phone call hold with paypal.

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

Why are you holding for two hours ?

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

?????????

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

Have you found out if the buyer has the item at the address he sent it to.

How can he recall the item if it was delivered already ?

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

I never actually talked to them yet. There is a long queue. Paypal said the wait would be 2-3 hours and I opted to have Paypal call back instead of staying on the phone.
Message 15 of 52
latest reply