cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So this message from a repeat customer explains why my sales have been so slow...

I just received this message from a repeat customer: 

Good Afternoon, I am currently on hold with PayPal; I’m having some some type of difficulty regarding a single transaction going through. I previously wasn’t able to either place this necklace in my cart, or contact you about your other listings. I know I’ve previously purchased from you and am trying to discern if this is an eBay problem; I contacted another Seller that I’ve previously purchased from, and was also experiencing the same difficulties.

So apparently, no matter how much I list or revise, I am not going to be able to make any sales? I notice I'm still being charged fees with no problem though.

Anyone else getting messages like this from buyers?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: So this message from a repeat customer explains why my sales have been so slow...

I think you are putting words in my mouth partner.......

I can not and would not expect anyone by any default to be my customer.  I must earn that as a seller/businessman.  Most, not all buyers here on Ebay are here for one reason and that is PRICE.  Yes there may be other factors, but I assure you that if my price is higher on here then I will most likely not get the sale or have someone begging me for a discount.

Now listen up to what I am saying because you obviously have tried to distort what I am saying........

If I search by lowest price plus shipping then I would expect Ebay's search to return what I am looking for.  By allowing me to go through the process of checking out and then telling me there is someone selling cheaper is what is driving people away.    TRUTH BE TOLD I DON'T WANT EBAY RUINING SOMEONE ELSES SALE BECAUSE THEY WOULD FLASH MY CHEAPER PRICE DURING OR AFTER CHECKOUT.  EBAY SHOULD HAVE DONE WHAT THE CUSTOMER ASKED FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE AND DISPLAYED THE CHEAPEST PRODUCT PLUS SHIPPING AS THE CUSTOMER SEARCHED FOR.  PERIOD......

My point is Ebay is LOSING confidence of sellers and buyers because of lousy search algorithms.

If my price is not the lowest on here for the exact same thing then I would not expect to get the sale.  So I am not sure why you are trying to distort what I was saying.  I am for everyone here making money.  There is plenty of people on this globe to sell to.  Competition does not scare me.  

And last, I am not sure where you think I said anywhere that Ebay should forcibly put anyone in my presence.  I pay for a store, I pay to list my product here, Ebay should do their job and put it in front of the customer as the customer asks for it.  LIKE I SAID.....IF THE CUSTOMER WANTS EBAY RECOMMENDED PICKS, THEN EBAY CAN GIVE THEM THAT, IF CUSTOMER WANTS PREFFERED SELLERS PRODUCTS, THEN EBAY SHOULD GIVE THEM THAT, BUT IF THE CUSTOMER ASKS FOR LOWEST PRICE PLUS SHIPPING, THEN EBAY SHOULD AT LEAST GIVE THE CUSTOMER WHAT THEY ASK FOR.

And thank you for your words of wisdom.....I run 3 stores on here, a brick and mortar that grosses a million a year and I run my own auction website that sells more in one month than a whole year of Ebay.  I am not chasing anything on here......This place has been loosing market share for years because they are chasing money they will never see.......This was once the worlds marketplace.  Ebay has changed the way we shop, and has set pricing standards throughout the world, but they have peaked and are on the way down due to chasing things they will never have like the big river........I have said it before, there is nothing to be ashamed about being the king of the secondary market instead of the queen of the primary market.

Rich 

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Re: So this message from a repeat customer explains why my sales have been so slow...

all i know i was having the best months ever until june

then sale dropped by 60%, and still the same today.

i think the tax collected by paypal/ebay is part of the decline

18 years selling on ebay

please explain the decline as of june of this year

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Same here , my sales are so slow i'm selling what I have and getting out. I had my husband use his phone to search for items I had listed and out of 20, only 1 came up. After shipping , driving to the post office , packaging materials and selling fees , i'm making pennies. Now my few buyers are getting charged sales tax on items I already paid tax on when I bought them . This sucks , I used to love selling on Ebay , blah.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 19 of 19
latest reply