cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So now we are responsible if the package is

Stolen from the buyers porch, mailbox, car trunk etc.....

I will certainly be leaving as a seller as soon as I sell all my junk and get my money 

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 1 of 320
latest reply
319 REPLIES 319

Re: So now we are responsible if the package is

@couldabeenworse wrote:

No...FAQ's  are not binding at all. Only the actual policy is binding and ebay only requires it's member to read and follow the actual policies. No one is required to even read the FAQ's.

Ummmm... so we should take the newly worded Seller Protection Policy literally when it requires tracking that shows "the buyer's address", but ignore the FAQ that says "We have not changed how an "item not received" claim will be handled with valid tracking uploaded that proves delivery.".

Which side are you on, anyway????    laughing

When did this become about taking sides???? And what are the sides??? Either way some of us are not here for that and don't play the taking sides game....I know I don't.

Message 226 of 320
latest reply

When did this become about taking sides????

That part was just a joke.  Besides, I think you're the only one here that's on the same "side" as me on this.  {another joke]

Care to address the rest?  The Policy now requires tracking that shows delivery to the buyer's address; only a FAQ says anything about coverage being the same old / same old.

So, if it's the policy that counts, it may well be the new harbinger of doom that some believe.

Message 227 of 320
latest reply

And yes you/we are suppose to ship to the buyers address on file...that should be understood and has always been in the past and should not need a lot of clarification. You/we also should not even consider shipping it to a different address other than the buyer's address...as that is what the whole scam thing is and was about...and not allowed in either case.

Message 228 of 320
latest reply

@couldabeenworse wrote:

That part was just a joke.  Besides, I think you're the only one here that's on the same "side" as me on this.  {another joke]

Care to address the rest?  The Policy now requires tracking that shows delivery to the buyer's address; only a FAQ says anything about coverage being the same old / same old.

So, if it's the policy that counts, it may well be the new harbinger of doom that some believe.

Already did

Message 229 of 320
latest reply

@everything-from-trinkets-to-treasures wrote:

@couldabeenworse wrote:

Already did

????? The questions being asked

must be going over heads 

the policy never required the tracking to show delivery to the buyers address. The buyers zip code was sufficient. The policy has new language that says the tracking must show deliver to the buyers zip code. We all know the seller was always required to ship to the address on the buyers payment/order details. That’s not what’s being discussed here, and that’s not what changed or allegedly changed. This is about tracking showing the buyers address. Not just the city state and zip code. 

The policy says the tracking must show delivery to the buyers address. 

The FAQ says nothing about the INR policy changed. 

You said it’s the policy that counts. And that FAQ aren’t policy. Well the policy DID change then.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 230 of 320
latest reply

Another reason I am moving more of my stuff off of ebay.  I now sell the majority of my clothing on another site.  Last week I had a package go missing through USPS.  I asked what I should do about it, having all of my horrible ebay experiences in my mind and worrying about loosing a $95 sale.  I was told to check back in with them on a certain date.  I did, and they immediately credited me with the $95 and asked for me to let them know if the package ever turned up.  Also, I didn't have to worry about abusive, unfair feedback from the buyer, that ebay would tell me they had a 'right' to their opinion.

Get with it, ebay!  Many of your great sellers are leaving.  I have found a better platform for selling clothes.  At some point another platform will come around for collectibles, and you will loose the majority of your great sellers.  All that will be left will be the junk coming from China and other scammers.

Message 231 of 320
latest reply

Last week I had a package go missing through USPS.  I asked what I should do about it, having all of my horrible ebay experiences in my mind and worrying about loosing a $95 sale.  I was told to check back in with them on a certain date.  I did, and they immediately credited me with the $95 and asked for me to let them know if the package ever turned up.

Not that this thread needs to be further derailed, but...

huh????

Message 232 of 320
latest reply

@couldabeenworse wrote:

Last week I had a package go missing through USPS.  I asked what I should do about it, having all of my horrible ebay experiences in my mind and worrying about loosing a $95 sale.  I was told to check back in with them on a certain date.  I did, and they immediately credited me with the $95 and asked for me to let them know if the package ever turned up.

Not that this thread needs to be further derailed, but...

huh????

I was kinda like ..huh??? too.

Message 233 of 320
latest reply

I asked on the update board for a simple explanation of what "address" referred to in the new policy, since it used to read city/state/zip, but I never saw an answer.

Frankly, I doubt we will know the true answer to any of our questions until sellers start reporting how their cases are being decided.  The visible policy details are rarely concise, and the FAQ's that are supposed to help explain the policy are a moving target and tend to further muddle things up.

Message 234 of 320
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I asked on the update board for a simple explanation of what "address" referred to in the new policy, since it used to read city/state/zip, but I never saw an answer.

Frankly, I doubt we will know the true answer to any of our questions until sellers start reporting how their cases are being decided.  The visible policy details are rarely concise, and the FAQ's that are supposed to help explain the policy are a moving target and tend to further muddle things up.

Probably the most concise appraisal of the situation to be had.

However, on the bright side, just think of the hours of entertainment it has given us lesser beings with little to do while hiding from the heat!  Smiley Surprised  Smiley Wink  Smiley Very Happy

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 235 of 320
latest reply

The original OP was regarding whether sellers would now be considered responsible for lost or stolen mail AFTER it shows delivered. Nothing about addresses/zipcodes etc.

To the OP. The wording certainly would seem to indicate that, I agree.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 236 of 320
latest reply

"Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity" ....

.... But, never ignore the possibility!  Smiley Wink

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 237 of 320
latest reply

Maybe I should add "unless proven to be otherwise"? LOL
Message 238 of 320
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

Probably the most concise appraisal of the situation to be had.

However, on the bright side, just think of the hours of entertainment it has given us lesser beings with little to do while hiding from the heat!  Smiley Surprised  Smiley Wink  Smiley Very Happy

The zip codes already relect the city and state and this too has not changed...they still reflect the city and state.  Agan none of it has changed....except for then the tracking is uploaded for coverage...and it doesn't matter if you print a label with tracking or if you handwrite a label and add tracking at the post office.
Again...sellers had/have to do really nothing different at all....and ebay did not ask for sellers to add anything to the labels.

Message 239 of 320
latest reply

I reiterate. This thread was not about addresses and zipcodes.
Message 240 of 320
latest reply