cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So You Think Listing on Ebay is Bad?

So.... trying to list this beautiful Crinkle Crepe designer Banana fabric on another large site.

They would not let me list it because I did not have the correct documentation to sell food products.😂

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Yes,  understand what the OP is talking about. One of the questions was what kind of paperwork would be required for an ingredient (even though) the OP posted about fabric.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Me Too!

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Better than talking about another glitch! Have a nice weekend all!

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Screenshot 2023-06-02 153951.jpg

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

Ton of homemade stuff on Etsy, lots on eBay.  Don't know if any of it is vetted in any way or, if it is, how.  Call me picky but, no thanks.

Nah I think you are in the majority.

I'm the strange one who will eat a complete strangers cookies.  

I just went looking at all the homemade goodies available on ebay.

Making me sooooooo hungry.    😉

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 20 of 28
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Screenshot 2023-06-02 153951.jpg

What Bored Pandas use for scale = )

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

It's the cheerful smiling banana!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@maxine*j wrote:

Ton of homemade stuff on Etsy, lots on eBay.  Don't know if any of it is vetted in any way or, if it is, how.  Call me picky but, no thanks.

Nah I think you are in the majority.

I'm the strange one who will eat a complete strangers cookies.  

I just went looking at all the homemade goodies available on ebay.

Making me sooooooo hungry.    😉

I do, too.  I've never been particularly picky and it hasn't killed me yet.  Etsy has a French baker who is soooooblime.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

That is funny & even funnier is the amount of people here thinking you are selling a food item. Lol

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@vintagepl wrote:

That is funny & even funnier is the amount of people here thinking you are selling a food item. Lol

No one here thinks OP is selling a food item.  No one.  We just got off onto the related topic OP raised, that of what (if any) vetting is done of people who make food at home and sell it on-line.

-

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

We probably need to keep in mind that most of the decisions about what's ok to list and what's not are made by bots, not by real people with common sense.  

LOL if this is any indication of how "AI" works then we're in real trouble.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

@wonderfullife44 wrote:

I voted for Ross.  It is too bad we do not have anyone as highly intelligent and morally correct as him.  The past 30 plus years only produced the most morally corrupt humans in the history of our countries leaders and I believe it is only going to get worse.   We are in a downward moral spiral when even, evangelical Christians are in love with the most evil man in the history of America to be voted president.

Which one is that, Clinton, Obama or Biden?

Have a great day
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Puhleeze, no one here thinks OP is selling a food item, esp since we have several clothing sellers in this thread.  The convo just morphed a bit.  

I also have bought homemade food items, can't remember if it was here or Etsy & had no issues.  I get that most people are squeamish about that stuff, but I'm not.  Home kitchens need a certification to sell commercially.  

The not being able to list b/c of lack of food certification reminds me of the early IS days on Ebay when everything blue was some Disney character & same for silver.  So frustrating! 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 28 of 28
latest reply