cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So You Think Listing on Ebay is Bad?

So.... trying to list this beautiful Crinkle Crepe designer Banana fabric on another large site.

They would not let me list it because I did not have the correct documentation to sell food products.😂

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

🤣

Was that Etsy or another site?

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Crinkle cut fries and banana crepes!

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

thats funny

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

@whatmorefabric wrote:

So.... trying to list this beautiful Crinkle Crepe designer Banana fabric on another large site.

They would not let me list it because I did not have the correct documentation to sell food products.😂

Just curious.

What "documentation" do you need to sell food products?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

I voted for Ross.  It is too bad we do not have anyone as highly intelligent and morally correct as him.  The past 30 plus years only produced the most morally corrupt humans in the history of our countries leaders and I believe it is only going to get worse.   We are in a downward moral spiral when even, evangelical Christians are in love with the most evil man in the history of America to be voted president.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

We probably need to keep in mind that most of the decisions about what's ok to list and what's not are made by bots, not by real people with common sense.  

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I would hope a reasonable amount of it, if people are selling food they make and ship themselves -- homemade candy, baked goods, jams, sauces, et cetera.  I'd still be reluctant to buy, though.

-

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

@inhawaii wrote:

I would hope a reasonable amount of it, if people are selling food they make and ship themselves -- homemade candy, baked goods, jams, sauces, et cetera.  I'd still be reluctant to buy, though.

I know there isn't for pre-packaged food but i'm not sure about homemade food.

I don't think there is for homemade food either, like cookies.

I can understand your reluctancy to buy anything homemade on ebay.

I think most people feel the same way,

I actually have before ... and i'm still alive to talk about it.  😛

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Most likely a certificate of analysis, label statement, msds, natural certification, non gmo certification, natural certification, kosher certification, halal certification the list is endless especially when exporting. These are the basics the big food companies ask for and more depending on what food crisis is going on.  I doubt any home based product has any of these available.  

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Food made to be sold on commercial sites need to have certification of their prep methods and kitchen facilities - this includes 'home made' products.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

@maxine*j wrote:

@inhawaii wrote:

I know there isn't for pre-packaged food but i'm not sure about homemade food.

I don't think there is for homemade food either, like cookies.

I can understand your reluctancy to buy anything homemade on ebay.

I think most people feel the same way,

I actually have before ... and i'm still alive to talk about it.  😛

Ton of homemade stuff on Etsy, lots on eBay.  Don't know if any of it is vetted in any way or, if it is, how.  Call me picky but, no thanks.

-

-

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Um, isn't the OP talking about listing crinkle crepe fabric, but was tagged as food because it had the words crinkle, crepe and banana in it? I have seen crinkle crepe; it is a type of gauze fabric worn in summer. Banana in clothing is a type of cut curve that resembles a banana and gives the garment a gentle ruffle effect. Solid crepe is a fabric that is on the formal side. You can see it in dressy blouses and dresses.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@linda7913 wrote:

Um, isn't the OP talking about listing crinkle crepe fabric, but was tagged as food because it had the words crinkle, crepe and banana in it? I have seen crinkle crepe; it is a type of gauze fabric worn in summer. Banana in clothing is a type of cut curve that resembles a banana and gives the garment a gentle ruffle effect. Solid crepe is a fabric that is on the formal side. You can see it in dressy blouses and dresses.

I understand that.  I think most here do.  On another site with bots as wonky as eBay's bots,  OP tried to list the fabric ran into the issue of "the correct documentation to sell food products."   That was good for a head shake and a smile.

The conversation evolved, though, as conversations do, and led to a discussion of what, if any, documentation  is  required for people selling homemade foodstuffs.  (It also sent me to look at homemade cookies on eBay and the results made me shudder, to be honest.)

-

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Yes, it does appear that we've added an off-topic twist to the original message, doesn't it?

Message 15 of 28
latest reply