cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I notice there is now zero customer service for sellers

I tried calling the 800 number and it just sends you to someplace else . 
OK I need to know if anybody else is having the issue that it is zero possibility to get a hold at a human being at Ebay when you’re experiencing an issue. I tried calling the normal number that I do where you can normally talk to a human being and it doesn’t seem to be possible anybody else experience the same?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Go to "Help & Contact" - scroll to the bottom and click "Contact Us" -- pick your category -- pick your reason -- click on "chat with automated assistant" -- when the chat screen pops up, type "agent" and enter.  follow the prompts for them to call you.  Facebooks ebay for business is very reliable too, but they take longer to answer usually.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

EBAY does NOT have an 800 number.   Number you are calling is probably a scammer.

Go to EBAY Help and request "call back" for live person.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

You can also post your issue here and might get better help based on real experience rather than being typed from a script.  

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Many large companies have done away with the expense of hiring and maintaining a call center. Now they use social media for the same purpose. You can still contact good eBay reps who can help you by using social media. Your best bet is to post your issue here with details. You will get the best advice from experienced users on here. Best of luck to you....

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

eBay got rid of the phone-in option early 2020 @tammiegoldenhair 

But you can bookmark this page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

On the left there are options to receive a callback or to use the chat feature.

You can also post your question here and most of the time get a quick and accurate response.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

I have used the 800 number successfully up until last month. When I called 2 days ago it would only send me text messages with links to their website.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Getting any help at all out of eBoo is a ruddy miracle these days, no matter which option you pick.  If you use the on-platform "help" it's often some poor ill-informed script kiddie who tells you whatever will get you off of the line.  Voice of experience, unfortunately, and even the Facebook help doesn't always. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

You know I actually love Ebay but the one thing that I really hate about Ebay is the total disregard for sellers outside of customer services "scripted" canned responses. For instance. FRAUD.  COUNTERFEIT COINS. ETC. Some fraudsters lately have been making and selling some really good looking fake ancient coins. Usually I can spot fakes pretty quick but some times a fake or two slips through the cracks and would be sent off to a professional grading service for grading only to be returned MONTHS LATER and outside the return window, as a NOT GENUINE. FAKE. PHONY. So sometimes by then the fraudster seller has already been banned yet I cannot get my money back from the fake seller or Ebay due to their rock solid "buyer and seller guarantees". Also, Ebay customer service has denied my refunds in some cases due to not having a tracking number for proof that I returned (an illegal counterfeit coin btw through the mail?) the fake coin because I sent it in a STAMPED envelope because the banned seller never sent a pre paid label and the return address is in Bulgaria or some other European country which costs over 20$ more out of my pocket. 

So, as an on and off seller since early 2000 and a full time BUYER, I get the "oh well sorry your money's been stolen and because of a technicality we here at Ebay are just going to write you off and ghost you frm now on in regards to this return (even tho the fake seller has been banned and the coins have been shown to be fakes) and your hundreds (thousands really) of 100% feedback and awesome replies from hundreds of different SATISFIED buyers over the last 10 to 15 years on this account, we're just going to let a known thief keep your hard earned money because we can't seem to deviate frm script in any case whatsoever. 

I mean, how about some love for long term sellers when they are basically a victim of theft and fraud, maybe have a exemption for such cases outside the stated time frame, especially when theft/fraud has been perpetrated and the seller seeking a refund has shown that they've had many years of excellent behavior and selling patterns?

NOPE! JUST A CANNED RESPONSE THAT SHUCKS YOU'RE JUST PLUM OUT OF LUCK THAT WE EBAY A MULTI BILLION DOLLAR CORPORATION CAN'T HELP YOU EVEN THO YOU'VE PAID IN TO EBAY MUCH IN FEES AND LOYALTY. SORRY! BUH BYE..... And no more responses or avenues for a rebuttal or an appeal. So then im forced to go to my bank for a chargeback which I absolutely hate doing because I shouldn't have to resort to that! 

EBAY PLEASE START SEEING YOUR NON CORP, NON GIANT CHINESE COMPANY, NON BRAND NAME, SMALL TO MID LONG TERM INDIVIDUAL TYPE SELLER TO LET THEM KNOW, LET US KNOW AND FEEL LIKE WE EXIST AS PART OF EBAY AND THAT WE'RE NOT JUST SOME PASSING GRIFTER OR NON PARTICIPANT BUT THAT WE ACTUALLY MATTER. Honestly I agree that non selling buyers get to just press "not as described" and 99% of the time the seller gets shafted without even a pat on the head from Ebay CS rep 23,000 miles away and out of touch with the dedicated and loyal individual ebay sellers ! I mean at least treat each problem on a case by case individual basis and not just another canned rules and regulations oh well sorry sucks for you dead end. 

Other than that I really do love Ebay but I feel it has been slowly losing what made it so wonderful and that's the INDIVIDUAL seller selling random hard to find, unique, maybe popular items. There will always be an "Amazon" but Amazon isn't unique,  its just another Corp market. Ebay at one time had a vibe and somewhat of a community soul which I still kinda feel but like I said...

SEE US INDIVIDUAL SELLERS AS THE FOUNDATION NOT THE ALTERNATIVE

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Post your question or problem here.  There are several posters here that are better than customer service.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

This is what I do and I get a call every time within a couple minutes. Their support is actually better than most companies.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@remote_controls_and_more wrote:

I have used the 800 number successfully up until last month. When I called 2 days ago it would only send me text messages with links to their website.

Yep; you successfully called an 800 number that is full of scammers and is NOT eBay. There hasn't been a working 800 number for this site for a couple years. 

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

@remote_controls_and_more wrote:

Yep; you successfully called an 800 number that is full of scammers and is NOT eBay. There hasn't been a working 800 number for this site for a couple years. 

No I called anchor support number. How can scammers remove negative feedback from my account and other things?

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

To get customer service do the following steps:

ebay>my ebay>seller hub>seller help>need more help>scroll to bottom of page, click 'contact us'>open the chat bot agent>type 'call me'>the assistant will say 'tell me what you need help with'>type 'talk to agent about <insert issue>'>chat bot will attempt to redirect you, just type 'call me' again>it will ask you to confirm a callback>It will ask you to confirm your number>An agent usually will call you within a few minutes after that.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Actually, I have always found the opposite. Whenever I have called eBay I always got an eBay call back from someone within two minutes or less. Every time, and I mean every time, I have had an extremely patient and helpful agent.

I continue to read posts like this and don't understand the problem some sellers have.  I wish you better luck in the future!

Message 15 of 27
latest reply