cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneaker Authenticity Guarantee Loophole - Buyer Dispute through Financial Institution

First time selling through the sneaker authenticity guarantee program and trusted the T&Cs to protect the seller because we all know there is so much risk when selling sneakers.   Item was sent and authenticated to the 3rd party and sent to the buyer.  Buyer received it and disputed the item through the financial institution claiming it was not authentic.  Buyer sent a mysterious package to my house and I assume they wanted to send something to show proof of a return but did not report the return to eBay. 

Of course, the financial institution sided with the buyer.  I filed an appeal since I thought under the sneaker guarantee program my shoes were 100% authentic.  The appeal was denied and now i'm out $600+.  What are my options here?  How can I escalate this again?  Customer Service rep would not escalate further for me even though I did everything correctly selling through their Sneaker program.  Never again am I selling sneakers through eBay and will now go through StockX since I know i'm better protected.

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: Sneaker Authenticity Guarantee Loophole - Buyer Dispute through Financial Institution

Hey so are you saying it’s best to accept returns that way they are forced to return through the authentication process and not get the ol switcharoo lol thx!

Message 76 of 77
latest reply

Re: Sneaker Authenticity Guarantee Loophole - Buyer Dispute through Financial Institution

@pmar4475 wrote:

Hey so are you saying it’s best to accept returns that way they are forced to return through the authentication process and not get the ol switcharoo lol thx!

old thread, start a new one.

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 77 of 77
latest reply