cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small watch seller. Ebay changed my item description behind my back from

"As titled, as shown. Womens watch, Animal brand, new, salesman sample,
part of a lot of 16 Animal watches, unworn, no marks, scuffs, or scratches,
plastic film still on front and rear.

Ships first class in a 9x6 manila padded manila envelope folded so that the watch is
double protected."

TO

"Womens Animal Watch square white face WW035s. Condition is New without tags. Shipped with USPS First Class Package (2 to 3 business days)."
========
I never heard of such a thing. I can't believe it!!! I've never used any fancy selling tools or batch processing or anything. I hand-typed the first one  (which is kinda generic for what I'm selling, and pasted in each time for the following 6 watches. It used to be so easy to sell something......cheeze.

edit to add, and they won't let me revise it back. I call it up to revise, yes it has their description, I put mine in, and it still reads the same. I call it up to revise  it again, yup, their description  is still there. shake my head.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Small watch seller. Ebay changed my item description behind my back from

OK. All good. The answer is,
When doing a straight copy and paste into the description area,
(this is windows 7 IE 11) the first character is a carriage return (blank line).
Evidently the selling program doesn't like that, wipes
out the area, and stuffs the program'\s generic description (which it got from
scanning your listing)
I went back on yet another revision, each listing, moused my description back in, and then, deleted the non-printing carriage return in front of the first character of the description. That worked. All good.
Thank you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Did you use the sell similar link when you listed it?

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I see almost the exact same wording on two of your listings:

Womens Animal watch round white face WW034s. Condition is New without tags. Shipped with USPS First Class Package.

Womens Animal Watch square white face WW035s. Condition is New without tags. Shipped with USPS First Class Package (2 to 3 business days).

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

no sir - when I got done with one ad, I hit the sell another link that shows.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Of course you do. That's ebay, not me. edit to add, all 8 of my watches had the above description.  A couple of hours later, I decided I wanted them all to sell, get em outta here, so I dropped the price. It was then I discovered that |Ebay had changed all of my descriptions and I could not change them back to what I had.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Why don't you do the revisions yourself?

You have a sold listing from Nov. 12 for a Timex Indiglo that includes "round" in the description. Dunno if that might provide a clue.

Also, some of the listings you say were revised by eBay don't show a revision to the description, but some of them do.  If the ones that do show a revision were revised by eBay, it doesn't follow that the listings without a notation of change to the description would also have been revised by eBay.

Do you sell watches under another eBay selling account?  Notice anything else changed that might indicate a breech?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Why can't you just revise the listings and fix your descriptions?

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I don't know; it's hard to believe ebay changed a couple of your listings but not others.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

no sir - when I got done with one ad, I hit the sell another link that shows.

Ummm- that gives you the same listing again, ready for your minor changes.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

OK. All good. The answer is,
When doing a straight copy and paste into the description area,
(this is windows 7 IE 11) the first character is a carriage return (blank line).
Evidently the selling program doesn't like that, wipes
out the area, and stuffs the program'\s generic description (which it got from
scanning your listing)
I went back on yet another revision, each listing, moused my description back in, and then, deleted the non-printing carriage return in front of the first character of the description. That worked. All good.
Thank you.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

This happened to me today. I took measurements added my description of item I was listing in what condition it is in etc..I revised it and they changed it once again..OMG if you have no measurements and there's a flaw buyer can say IND.  I enjoy selling on eBay however if this continues I feel as though they don't care if the item gets returned back or even sells..they are making money on my store subscription promoted listings so having a item sell is only a  minute fraction of the money they make from all the sellers fees. Hate to be negative but changing one description takes the cake😊Thanks in advance for my ranting lol. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

We enter all our descriptions in HTML mode and have never had this problem, granted some basic HTML knowledge is required.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply