cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow to NO Sales, Why?

Blame Mother Nature!  Fires, floods and tornadoes across the land, catastrophic events out of our control.  People have NO homes, therefore, internet purchases are NOT a priority!   Let's hope we all make it through these extraordinary times.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Slow to NO Sales, Why?

Great question. I wish I could answer it.

I can't though because I'm not experiencing this.

I hope things get better for you.

Good Luck.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Sales are down on Amazon and Etsy is a horror show.    You think the Ebay search engine or it's pay to play is bad,   try Etsy.

Every board on every site says the same thing about poor sales.

++

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

I've been selling since 2003.  Week 30 has been in my 15 worst weeks of all 20 years.  Usually, in my top 10 worst weeks of each year.  In my 20 years I've NEVER had a week in between week 26 and week 36 EVER be in a top 15 Best week of a year.  Never.  They are ALL always in my 15 worst weeks of a year.  Also, nearly all my BEST weeks of every year fall after week 37.

Now, on 1-1-2023, I predicted a bad week this week.  I'm not surprised.  Why?  eBay reports!  IF I was going to go on vacation this year, it would be between week 30 and week 35.  

So, I can't speak for everyone, but for me, the slow to no sales this time of year is perfectly normal.  I have a 20 year history of it, I expected it. And I created my schedule around it.   Chins up... the best of 2023 is ahead of us!  But tough it out... 4-5 slow weeks still ahead. 

photo HONEVILLELOGO-1.jpg

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

@honeville1  While I do think there are a number of factors impacting sales right now, for my kind of stuff (used, vintage, long tail), the Summer Slow Down has always been real and I think it is probably the main reason many of us are dealing with a slow down. A lot of the people who would be interested in my kind of stuff are going directly to the yard sales, flea markets and other places if they are shopping at all. 

I agree---tough it out---and spend time preparing for Q4.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

It has been an ULTRA CHALLENGING YEAR for us as well. We have almost 115,000, in merchandise on here and keep adding more in the hopes this place will pick up big time during holiday season. WE ARE NOW spending more on inventory than we sell. It has been a very scary undertaking this year and we are going to have to figure out an additional way to pull income soon if we do not get the results we need. I hear the economy is getting better as I speak here and certainly hope that will remain true during the holidays. Grab onto a lifeline folks.

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

Yep it’s not just here. I see listings just rotting on ETSY even at great prices on other sites, BUT SOME  SITES ALSO HAVE EXHORBITANT PRICING AS WELL  AND THAT WOULD BE ETSY BECAUSE OF THEIR INSANE ADD RATES on what we sell so that would account for some of the slow moving stuff.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

The USA economic booms drew immigrants to come here...you've got it backwards.  

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Feebay must love you. lol

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Fact is, Feebay is trying to force sellers into the 'Promoted Listings' scam with their manipulated algorithms. What better way to force desperate sellers into the Usurious 'Promoted Listings' grift.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Totally agree. Summer is time to spend on experience based stuff like vacations. Heard a news program about that the other day. 

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Go Q4!!!!!! 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques ,

I also sell at a large regional flea market, and last weekend was my worst ever, less than a third of my normal sales.  So people aren’t buying there, either.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

I MENTIONED experience based vacations in lieu of buying products. Hard to have a great vacation in the scorching heat though. We used to live in Southern Utah and got out of there last year. Avg temp about 108 for 4 months straight. I am sure it’s even hotter this summer. Where we are now there is a monsoon rain.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

I sell on both Amazon and eBay, and Amazon is completely sucking...  No sales there.  Amazon has completed stalled.   eBay is better, but is extremely slow, as well.  Blame summer, and the people who have stopped buying as much online.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

When I sold here years ago I noticed the pattern of how sales went. Usually in July they aren't that great because folks are going back to school or have kids going to school so that is what they are spending money on. I always saw an uptick in sales after Halloween, though because of the holiday season.

Message 30 of 31
latest reply