cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Ebay sales lately

Are there anyone having slow sales lately , just checking to see if i'm doing something wrong.

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Slow Ebay sales lately

Anonymous
Not applicable

everybody suffer on ebay since managed payments 

slow sales a mess with payouts etc.

Message 46 of 81
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have listed 245 items and no sale this is crazy 

Message 47 of 81
latest reply

Message 48 of 81
latest reply

@Anonymous 

Good morning-

Lots of sellers are experiencing slow times, due to high prices at the gas pumps, high prices for groceries, high mortgages, rents and current world events.  High priced everything.  These are essentials, so those are priorities right now like many others.  E-commerce sites have taken a hit as well in the last few weeks, as more people are returning to shop at malls, outlets, etc.  Hopefully things will turn around and sales will pick up again.  Hang in there like the rest of us and have a great day.  

Message 49 of 81
latest reply

You are correct

Message 50 of 81
latest reply

Most posters on the community site use a second ID for communicating on these boards that is why you see no listings under the IDs

Message 51 of 81
latest reply

Ahh......2022. A time when you can make more money in 4 hours at a street festival with 100's of vendors than you can in a week on ebay. It pays to stay old school I guess. Gotta love it. 

Message 52 of 81
latest reply

Yes, even though I am constantly increasing listings. The sales remain almost flat and recently are decreasing. 

Message 53 of 81
latest reply

I have called and done a text chat ebay.  1 denied there was a problem . 2 admitted there was a problem and said they would report my account to tech. dept. Nothing has changed. My sales and My views have dropped big time. I was selling 7 or 8 things a month.  I am selling only  2 things a month and no views on items that were being viewed. I don't want to hear about the bots stuff. I sale vintage dishes. Maybe someone had a bot that would pick up on words like, Lennox, Fitz and Floyd. etc. Maybe I got sales from them. I just know I haven't gotten the views or sales I need to continue my hobby of trying to save fine china for the future. If things don't change soon I will stop selling and donate all to Good Will

Message 54 of 81
latest reply

Yes - very slow the last 6 weeks - not sure what is going on since my etsy sales are up! 

Message 55 of 81
latest reply

So one man named Putin decided to expand his land.  The other 6 billion people on earth have to accommodate him and pay for his expansion.

Message 56 of 81
latest reply

And that is one of the answers.

Flea markets and etsy.

Just as many small businesses are expanding from storefront to include online sales, eBay sellers should also be listing on other sites.

Before we retired and closed our storefront, we listed on our own website, on eBay , on ZoS, and on Delcampe auctions. (The latter two are hobby specific (American Philatelic Society) and an Italian philatelic auction site.)

Some months our online sales kept the shop open. Some months were dead online but busy in the shop.

In the same way,since we were in a tourist location, we sometimes sold more new postcards, maps, and guidebooks in the shop than either our 'real ' business or online.

We did find that for online eBay outsold everything else, although the shop remained our profit centre and our website got more high value sales in any given year.

Message 57 of 81
latest reply

Inflation gas prices it sucks

Message 58 of 81
latest reply

I sell 100,000 a year on Ebay. Now low sales and zero in 2 weeks. That has NEVER happened before. Everyone I know say sales have tanked- EVERYONE!

Message 59 of 81
latest reply

Mine tanked as well for nearly a month except for a few random Very good items.  They are up now,  but only because a few guys know what I'm selling and they are going at it on certain items,  but it's literally 2-3 buyers total.  New buyers are almost nonexistent.  Had items actually get bids tonight with no watchers and even no views.  Something is messed up with that.  Not sure how you can bid without viewing an item.  If that's possible it shouldn't be as that means the buyer can't see the description which contains important information about the item and the auction.   I do all auctions.  For a while even my 98 or better percent sell through rate dropped by 20 percent or better and the numbers things were selling for were painful to say the least.  All my auctions are stupid cheap opening bids with no reserve. 

Message 60 of 81
latest reply