cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Situation gets worse... An odder yet.

So I had a customer who abused returns and lied about not being able to give pictures and lying about the color of a product despite being the only one offered and listed as multicolored, with clear pictures of 12 – no one has ever tried this **bleep** before but eBay still tries to say the seller should return. I decide to do it so I can report them further for all the abuse and then the slander on top of it they started spewing after eBay said they were lying about not being able to give me any pictures. Anyways, they supposedly shipped the item out and it says a day or two later it was delivered – pretty fast considering USPS & the location distance, so when I don't see the parcel in my mailbox, I think maybe they pushed delivery early & it's coming the next day. Nope, not the case. So I look and for some very odd reason the return label generated was for my partners address, which I've never used in over 5 years selling and never would – it never generated anything but the address I always use. So I call my partner and he looks around and asks the neighbors and NOTHING. No parcel whatsoever. Why do I have a feeling I'm being toyed with? And why would it be mailed to an address I never connected to my seller account or ever used for returns EVER. Very weird. Calling USPS today but I have a feeling something shady is def going on at this point. From the moment the buyer started the lies, I knew it was a bad deal, but now I'm thinking it's only going to get much worse. Whenever there's a major shipping issue like this, it never ends well for the parcel in question in my experience. Will update with any more info but it's just weird all the way around. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I’d think that someone spending hours and hours planning and executing an elaborate return hoax, all for a $5-$15 return, is somewhat unbelievable.  I think that you wasting hours and hours on this issue is odd.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If it's under $100 then don't waste your time on it. It's not eBay's fault, it's not your fault, it's just fraud and it's going to happen, not often but it will. I am dealing with one in my other store right now for a printer. I don't let those things bother me anymore because I cannot control it nor can I control the outcome. Don't waste time on calling around and looking because next thing you know you'll have spent 5 hours for nothing when you could have listed more items to make up the loss. Fraud absolutely sucks, I know, but you cannot let it bring you down.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

maybe you should check your return address 

I am sure the buyer does not  now anything  about it

sounds like a simple case of return abuse coupled with a seller who does not know the correct address they have for returns.

in the address section of ebay there are five places to change your address

@muchloveria_6 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@muchloveria_6 wrote:

eBay still tries to say the seller should return. I decide to do it so I can report them further for all the abuse and then the slander on top of it they started spewing after eBay said they were lying about not being able to give me any pictures.

@muchloveria_6 
eBay CS was probably trying to appease you to get you off the phone.

Check your return address on file:
https://accountsettings.ebay.com/uas/addresses

Message 5 of 5
latest reply