cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since when has eBay done what we wanted them to

A lot has been going on and selling and buying has been all over the place as of late. We come here with out problems and majority are stock and we've all seen them before. Lately though things have made me start to question when eBay has ever done what we wanted. We pay the bills as sellers and buyers, but I think there's a huge underlying disconnect of what we expect and what eBay does.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Since when has eBay done what we wanted them to

@per50nl_5 wrote:

A lot has been going on and selling and buying has been all over the place as of late. We come here with out problems and majority are stock and we've all seen them before. Lately though things have made me start to question when eBay has ever done what we wanted. We pay the bills as sellers and buyers, but I think there's a huge underlying disconnect of what we expect and what eBay does.

There isn't any 'disconnect', in the least.  ebay, a business with dues and obligations, does, and has done, just exactly what ebay plans and the way it sees fit.  If it has seemed that ebay has done something that buyers have wanted, it has been spin and it actually has been what a few sellers really didn't object to, sort of like "You spoke, we listened', and then, they did what they wanted.  ebay knows how to use 'hype' - 'Great News for Sellers.  Lowest Fees Ever' - and move part of the fees from here to there. 

ebay is in it to make money - for the people that run and support it.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Again, they don't do what WE want. Thanks

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

First there is a problem in defining with what "we want"........many divergent points of view, needs, etc.  One would think 50,000/200 extra free listings would satisfy many (and perhaps it does), but many complaints are expressed..........

Secondly,  there are always problems on the site....  and as soon as one is cleared another pops up.........Doubtful that will change....

What is it that YOU want, that you think WE want, that isn't addressed? 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@per50nl_5 wrote:

We pay the bills as sellers and buyers, but I think there's a huge underlying disconnect of what we expect and what eBay does.

I think there is a huge disconnect among sellers here about what they want eBay to do. 

Let's take just one example - insertion fees. 

• Some sellers here have said we need more free insertion specials.
  • Some have said that free insertion specials "clog up the site with junk". 
  • Some have said insertions should always be free.
  • Some have said if insertions were always free, it would ruin eBay. 
  • Some have said eBay should raise insertion fees to discourage low-demand items. 

So no matter what eBay does, there will be people who come to this board to complain. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

................general reply........................

insertion fees seem to be a hot topic.I normally sell at least 1000 items a year at no reserve.Correct me if I am wrong but if you start at a dollar and it sells dont you get the insertion free credit.It is my understanding that you can list 100,000 items for free, if they all sell first time listed,basically everyone is given unlimited free auctions as long as they sell 1st time.I thinks thats how its supposed to work

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I kinda been feeling like lately Ebay has reminded me of Spectrum.... before Spectrum took over Brighthouse, (Just like the Insurance Company that I use) they took extra care of their long time loyal customers (Like loyalty benefits/programs) but since Spectrum took over prices increased with less service EXCEPT for their new customers regardless of HOW many years/decades you've been with them. I remember I always had exceptional customer service with Ebay and I understand there's a lot going on right now but at the same time I've seen so many new sellers that they "can't catch up with" that's had PLENTY of sold banned items that's REALLY price gouged yet they have no problem having a system not allowing items that aren't banned to not go through even at the stores margin for "loyal" sellers. I feel it's to get NEW sellers on board (such as spectrum) and once they're "in it" it's a "dog eats dog" day in here and that seems to be perfectly fine because just like Spectrum it's THEIR business and they can run it however they choose.   

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

please note that my last sentence was pure sarcasm for those that don't know me, lol

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Every company except eBay has a franchise or dealer advisory council.
I know this from decades of day job experience.
This dozen member council listens to seller concerns and negotiates with the parent company for a fair deal.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

lol, you really think 12 people could handle all the complaints.......real and imagined......all the flat out mistakes that sellers make......know all the nuanced differences between collectibles/antiques/new/out of box, etc.....  it would be an impossible task for 1200 much less 12.........

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@onlinecentral 

No one here works for Ebay and no one is a franchise or dealer for Ebay. They are not going to listen to discussion board complainers. They do what works best for their company only. About the only time they will listen here is if there is a technical glitch that involves most sellers.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@per50nl_5 wrote:

Again, they don't do what WE want. Thanks

Why should they? 

It's their property and sellers pay rent - you can rent the penthouse or the basement.  If they want to paint it yellow or blue, that is their choice.  If they want to landscape with grass or gravel, that is up to them.

If you were to get down to basics with the leadership, you would probably hear, 'You want something done your way, start your own company'.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 12
latest reply