cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't we be judged on how well we handle returns vs. INAD?

Even the most experienced sellers are going to receive a few INAD returns when they sell a large volume of inventory. Especially when selling used merchandise. I think sellers would get more value from a review of how well they handled those returns vs. punishing them for something that may or may not have been within their control. 

Just my thoughts! Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Shouldn't we be judged on how well we handle returns vs. INAD?

@good-buy-buyswrote:

Even the most experienced sellers are going to receive a few INAD returns when they sell a large volume of inventory. Especially when selling used merchandise. I think sellers would get more value from a review of how well they handled those returns vs. punishing them for something that may or may not have been within their control. 

Just my thoughts! Thank you!

If you are talking about feedback, it is the buyer's opinion.

And some will be disappointed that the item they wanted is not as described.  So even if it is a pleasant return process, that does not take away from the fact that the transaction did not go as they hoped it would.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That is the way it is currently done! All metrics are objective and totally within the seller's control. Opened cases, feedback, & DSRs do not count.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'm talking about the visibility of our listings. If you read the email that was sent, it was basically saying our listings are going to be pushed down in search. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The email basically said our listings will be pushed down in search. I'm a power seller and had 3 INAD returns. That was ranked "High" in the email. Seems a little harsh.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

They aren't slowing listings 24/7 anyhow and just use whatever angle they can come up with so you think its self induced. If you don't sign up for the GD program it will effect your visibility and placement in search same O with free shipping same O with ship same day same O with picture quality the list is endless of why your items aren't being shown 24 / 7....

Message 6 of 6
latest reply