cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to different address per buyer request

Hello.  I have a repeat buyer who has messaged me to send his purchase to a different address then what is listed on the sale.  How to I proceed?Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You lose all Seller protection if you ship to a different address.

If they want it shipped to a different address you should cancel the current order (problem with buyer's address) and ask the buyer to re-purchase using the correct address.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If you ship to "different address" customer can claim "did not receive item" and you will be forced to give them a refund.   You can do is cancel sale and tell customer to "repurchase item using correct shipping address".

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Key words..."repeat buyer"....those are my bread and butter buyers.

These buyers help me in slow periods.

It could be a gift.

If it's a small purchase price I would have no problem doing it. If it's a big ticket item I would not ship to a different address.

Ask buyer why a different address?

A lot of my items are inexpensive...and I don't need tracking.

I haven't lost an item last year or this year yet.

If it's a toy...it's probably a gift for someone.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Double check that the ID of the person asking you is the same ID that purchased the item. Sometimes someone totally unrelated to the sale will see that an item sold and send a message with a change of address to try and get the item for free.

If it is the buyer messaging you, you have the option of cancelling for ‘problem with address’  and having the buyer purchase with the new address.  Or taking a chance  and mailing it to the changed address. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you everyone!  You all gave good advice.  I messaged the buyer and it was no problem cancelling the sale and they purchased again with the new address.  Appreciate you all!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@madantiquesandoddities wrote:

How to I proceed?

By cancelling and re-listing

Message 7 of 7
latest reply