cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping services

Is anyone else having issues with selecting USPS first class as a shipping option? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Shipping services

Other people have mentioned the same if you are using a mobile app. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Shipping services

I use it all day, every day (with a computer) without any trouble. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Shipping services

Actually, I'm using a computer  and are having trouble with the USPS First Class service on the listing page.

The shipping services does not offer First Class.  Anyone have any helpful info. for this.  Thanks

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Shipping services

I just spoke to the eBay team and was told that they removed first class shipping for the time being. This is due to so many packages arriving late. They do not have a time table to when it will be added again. You can still select it after an item is sold, you just can not select it when creating a listing. Seems odd to me. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Shipping services

Well that makes no sense.  Remove first class shipping option because so many packages arriving late?  Huh?

How does that affect sellers who offer free shipping?  Are they suddenly being forced to lose money by shipping Priority Mail?

Something's gone goofy here.  Again.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Shipping services

I told them the same when speaking to them. All that was said is, we apologize. It will be back up again at some time. 

I did notice that you can still select the first class when printing your label. So if you offer free shipping that will still work. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Shipping services

That doesn't sound correct.  I just tried it and didn't have a problem using first class in a listing.  Are you not seeing it or is it greyed out or...?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Shipping services

@shop_cassie_rey 

I just noticed other posts about this and I guess the reason that I can use the first class option is that I am on a PC and using the business listing tool. Apparently there is a problem with using first class on the app and with the quick listing tool on a PC.  I think that there is a link to switch to the business tool in the upper right hand corner.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Shipping services

I am not seeing it at all. Maybe only those users with business accounts? 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Shipping services

I'm able to use first class shipping and I just have a personal account.  I use a PC. 

Somehow I thought that this problem was with the mobile app.

Also I don't think eBay is removing the first class option because of slow delivery, and selecting it after the sale is very cumbersome.  On the shipping page they were pushing priority over first class for a while but there were so many complaints about this transparent ruse that they fixed it.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Shipping services

Well it's not working now. Not even an option.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply