cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipped with ebay label

Recently shipped an item that was sold using ebays label as I usually do , the item gets where it is to be delivered and then I notice that it says return to sender , the reason for this it stated "No Such Number" and the buyer submitted a request and a refund was given from my funds by ebay the buyer stated that we should put the right address ?  This is written in the policy that in this situation the seller is not at fault and therefore not responsible for this , Obviously I have no control over the buyers information and shouldn't this have been automatically handled as it clearly shows the reason for the issue  and I have tried now 5 times to reach support . The amount of issues that have arisen the past month for the lowest amount of items that have sold isn't worth the trouble because the amount of time it takes to maybe get a single issue resolved is a joke , I am doing ebays job and mine to result in not only not making sales but going through this and it is costing me out of pocket as well  and this is just one issue of many that I have to resolve to be out more money , I don't think so . Any insight into this is appreciated

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Shipped with ebay label

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@toomuchstuffagain35 

@mam98031

I agree.

But.

EBay does not require the seller to refund anything at all if the address the buyer gave is Undeliverable.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

I think that is the purpose of why this discussion was started.  Policy states 

stephenmorgan_0-1702851075501.png

So, if this is not covered by the Money Back Guarantee then why was a refund given and also why was it given before the item is received back?

These other comments/insinuations about the seller keeping item and not giving a refund are unfounded because the OP has not indicated one way or the other if there would or would not be a refund. The OP just wanted to know why policy was not followed.

Just a guess but based on the OP selected "Best Answer" perhaps everything is ok and it was just a misunderstanding of how a “money hold” works.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@vintage-rc-network wrote:

so if you are up on policy then you know that it states you are not responsible for buyers incorrect data and thus covered and as such there should not be any refund given and this isnt my opinion its stated policy.  Your not thinking this through or overthinking?

Okay, so as to avoid any "overthinking" will you please state a simple 'yes' or 'no' to this question: Did you receive the item back? 

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Everything about his post was so unclear it's not possible to know if eBay followed their policy or not.  As for choosing Mam's reply as the solution, I'm pretty sure he just liked how affirming her final paragraph sounded, LOL.  But I think she said it without knowing all the facts, because the OP muddied them (intentionally or not).  

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@toomuchstuffagain35 

@mam98031

I agree.

But.

EBay does not require the seller to refund anything at all if the address the buyer gave is Undeliverable.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

I didn't say they did.  But it is my belief that it is not fair for the seller to keep the money for the product when they have it back as I previously stated.  Each seller needs to decide for themselves what their policy is going to be, mine is I refund the buyer for the product but not the shipping or the fees I have to pay associated with that.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@vintage-rc-network 

Please give "yes" or "no" answers to these questions:

After tracking shows that the package is being RTS:

1. Did the buyer open INR? 

2. Or did the buyer simply notify you that tracking is showing RTS? 

3. If the buyer opened INR, did you respond to the INR case with tracking? 
3. Is the case still open? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

🤣😆😂

F4FBDA04-2A0B-4EFC-9CFC-5F41EE3CD3B6_1_201_a.jpeg

Honestly I think he made himself clear in message #9.  He didn't come here to answer questions, he came "to get feedback from you all here."   And by feedback he meant people agreeing with him that eBay violated their own policy by refunding the buyer, even though that's impossible to determine with his odd vocabulary and refusal to answer straightforward questions.  I think he got the item back, the buyer did file an INR and he didn't respond to it, thus the universe corrected itself, and neither he nor the buyer is any worse off than before this transaction. 

Or who knows, maybe what he calls a notification about "return to sender" was actually an INAD! I mean he never answered whether TRACKING was where he saw RTS.    -I don't get a notification from USPS about any kind of scans despite being signed up for Informed Delivery.   

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Hello,

1. Yes they did

2.No they did infact state that if we could put correct information then it would be able to be delivered

3. Yes I posted the Tracking to update the request

4. The case closed as buyer was refunded however this violates policy so it is being appealed

Ebay made a mistake and confirmed this was shipped using ebays label and therefore this should not have happened. I understand mistakes happen we are only human beings

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

English is English, I admit I do use my own particular ways and so being my background of Industrial control and automation for 20+ years and prototypes for inspection and tooling for Westinghouse Nuclear I am no scholar and I am terrible at typing , I have been working 7 days a week for the past 5 years and I am generaly tired so I tend to be sloppy when it comes to something like this, that being said to try and explain notifications I use android devices and any messaging, emails, etc they pop up in notes, you can also sign up on shipping sites to allow those as well. I got the request note and looked at the tracking on ebay and saw the status, I then went to USPS to find what the exact reasoning was for this and found that it meant the wrong information was the issue, I buy ebays labels and print so its a matter of incorrect information from buyer which seller protection covers as stated in policy and in this case ebay made a mistake and are fixing that. I think I covered everything this time?

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

I agree with you on this and a replacement order was already sent to the buyer, At the end of the day I do what I do for the love of it and to help others as most of what I deal in is almost as old as I am, difficult to find and has gotten rather expensive in the past 5 years

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Not yet

Hopefully it shows up at some point

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

I was able to speak with ebay finally, They said that this was done by mistake and so it has been corrected

Mistakes happen and problem solved

Message 26 of 26
latest reply