cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment came back as undeliverable - who pays to re-ship?

So I printed my label using eBay labels to the confirmed PP address.

It came back as undeliverable.

I contacted the buyer and she said she has two addresses in PP and one is for UPS and one is for USPS.  The confirmed PP address is the one to be used for UPS and I shipped USPS as stated in my listings.

So, my question is, since PP said it was confirmed, am I covered under them?  

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Shipment came back as undeliverable - who pays to re-ship?

wrote:

And if the buyer files an INR complaint, they will get a 100% refund.

Not true at all. 

Message 31 of 43
latest reply

wrote:
@missjen831 wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

"You shipped to what she selected in PP as the ship to address; you are covered, then."

False.

If the buyer files an INR complaint, the OP loses.

You are correct, Sam.  Of course, if the buyer doesn't want to pay to have it reshipped, I would probably refund anyway.

Nope not entirely.Ebay Policy has already been posted. Buyer would lose an ebay case. But not a PP case.

@missjen831 @7606dennis @sam9876  Will one of you please explain "why"  buyer would win and INR if seller shipped to PayPal address on the tranasaction....I am very confused!

To win the INR the tracking would have to show delivered for the seller to win.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 32 of 43
latest reply

wrote:

The buyer needed to select the proper address to ship to according to the shipping method stated on the listing that she bought.

You shipped to what she selected in PP as the ship to address; you are covered, then.

If she wants it reshipped, and you care to do that, she pays shipping costs again.

wrote:

The buyer needed to select the proper address to ship to according to the shipping method stated on the listing that she bought.

You shipped to what she selected in PP as the ship to address; you are covered, then.

If she wants it reshipped, and you care to do that, she pays shipping costs again.

completely agree, the buyer should pay for reship cost.

i feel for the OP.

i can see the buyer having a fit.

i am glad that it's never happened to me on any of my selling venues.

letoulousain
Message 33 of 43
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

and perhaps it is best for the OP.

I have been lucky with my buyers, never been in such situtation.

me i'd rather refund and relist my item.

sounds like the buyer's address is an issue.

who wants a headache?

as a seller or buyer i've always avoided problems.

always made sure my info were spot on.

letoulousain
Message 34 of 43
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:
@missjen831 wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

"You shipped to what she selected in PP as the ship to address; you are covered, then."

False.

If the buyer files an INR complaint, the OP loses.

You are correct, Sam.  Of course, if the buyer doesn't want to pay to have it reshipped, I would probably refund anyway.

Nope not entirely.Ebay Policy has already been posted. Buyer would lose an ebay case. But not a PP case.

@missjen831 @7606dennis @sam9876  Will one of you please explain "why"  buyer would win and INR if seller shipped to PayPal address on the tranasaction....I am very confused!

To win the INR the tracking would have to show delivered for the seller to win.

No not on an eBay case. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 35 of 43
latest reply

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I decided to cancel and refund the buyer for "problem with address"

Yes, I lost out.  These things happen and I am far from thrilled but the buyer just didn't get that: 

A) I am not privvy to all her different addresses in PP

B) I'm also not privvy to which addresses are shipped to by USPS 

Neither address was a home address....one was a gated wharehouse and one was a PO

I messaged explaining why I canceled the sale and offered them to re-buy but they didn't and that's how it goes sometimes.

Message 36 of 43
latest reply

wrote:

So I printed my label using eBay labels to the confirmed PP address.

It came back as undeliverable.

I contacted the buyer and she said she has two addresses in PP and one is for UPS and one is for USPS.  The confirmed PP address is the one to be used for UPS and I shipped USPS as stated in my listings.

So, my question is, since PP said it was confirmed, am I covered under them?  

Thanks for any help.

This is a joke thread --- right ????

The USPS will deliver to ANYWHERE the UPS delivers to --- the UPS is the one who will not deliver to PO Boxes ...

Message 37 of 43
latest reply

Yes you are covered. The buyer has to pay for reshipping. Or refund minus original shipping. I have ALWAYS been sided with by Ebay - but you may have to call customer service
Message 38 of 43
latest reply

The USPS will deliver to ANYWHERE the UPS delivers to --- the UPS is the one who will not deliver to PO Boxes ...

Not a joke.  I googled the address...it's a gated wharehouse out in a rural area.  No mailbox.  

Message 39 of 43
latest reply

wrote:
Yes you are covered. The buyer has to pay for reshipping. Or refund minus original shipping. I have ALWAYS been sided with by Ebay - but you may have to call customer service

Thanks.  I should have fought it but just decided to take the loss and be done with it.  

Message 40 of 43
latest reply

This problem happens to me all the time. It's amazing how many buyers don't have their correct address when they pay. 

wrote:

Just ask the buyer for the money to re-ship.

I always ask for them to pay to re-ship then send an invoice thru PayPal. BTW, I once got ebay flag me as trying to sell outside of eBay because I'm trying to collect money from the buyer to re-ship... lame.

I'd say about half agree to the re-ship payment and follow thru. The other half end up just wanting their refunds, so I just deduct the shipping cost and refund them (then I call eBay to refund me the FVF. If you don't want to do this then deduct the FVF from the buyer's refund). Only a small percentage of these buyers get upset at this. I don't think I've gotten any negative feedbacks as a result of these refunds.

Message 41 of 43
latest reply

wrote:

Not a joke.  I googled the address...it's a gated wharehouse out in a rural area.  No mailbox.  

Then UPS could not deliver either ...

Message 42 of 43
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

Then UPS could not deliver either ...

Also, not all mail delivery devices are visible on Google Earth --- and not all receptacles look like a mailbox --- many in rural areas resemble lock boxes --- which the USPS carrier will have a key to ...

Message 43 of 43
latest reply