cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship dublicate

Hi,

Unfortunately by mistake we ship 2 different order 2 times .. that's mean the buyers did not pay the amount of the 2nd time devices ..so how to keep my right to ask them to pay .. as have already gave them less price than the original for the 2nd mistake device but how guarantee they will pay ?

Thanks ..waiting your reply,

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ship dublicate

All you can do is send a prepaid return label and hope that your buyers are honest and return the extra items. You cannot force someone to pay for something you sent by mistake.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

You can ask, but you can't force them to pay.

You can also offer a prepaid return label so they can send the second one back.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

If they have received the 2nd package you can ask them to return it and provide them a label.

If they have not received the 2nd package you can ask them to mark it Return To Sender and leave it in their mailbox.

Better ask nicely because they are under no obligation to do either.

Asking them to pay for the extra item you sent in error is ridiculous.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Isn't that illegal, too? I seem to recall hearing in the news about a scam of some sort like that — sending items that a buyer never ordered and billing them for it.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

You can't expect someone to pay for a 2nd order they didn't order and YOU sent by mistake, let alone "guarantee" their payment. If you're lucky they'll send it back if you ask AND supply a return label.

Mark this up as an expensive lesson to be more aware when shipping orders out.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Are you using the Seller Hub?

If so, when you go to ORDERS, click on Awaiting shipment, and you should never be able to ship duplicate orders, because once shipped, those orders are now under Paid and shipped.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@thallidguy wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Isn't that illegal, too? I seem to recall hearing in the news about a scam of some sort like that — sending items that a buyer never ordered and billing them for it.

Yes, years ago, companies would just send product to someone and then bill them for it.  So a law was passed to curb this~anything you get in the mail that you did not order is a gift.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

OP, I'm very surprised that you would expect the buyer to pay when you made a mistake and sent the order to them twice.

As previously stated, you may ask them to return and provide them with a shipping label to do so, or if they have not received it yet, ask them to write return to send on it.

Hopefullyyou will get a buyer who will cooperate and help you with this~~they don't have to.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@thallidguy wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Isn't that illegal, too?

If it's done deliberately and without any solicitation from the addressee.  This was merely accidental.  How I would respond would depend entirely on what the widget was and if I had any need for the second.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

"how to keep my right to ask them to pay"

If you really think that your customers have to pay for YOUR mistakes, you will have a short career here on eBay.

You have no "right" to ask customers to pay for your mistake. You can ask customers to return the duplicate item at your expense. But if the buyer refuses, you would have to sue them in their state. Is that something you are really prepared to do? Keep in mind that a determined buyer can drive any seller off of eBay.

Time for an adjustment to both your attitude and your shipping procedures. You've made this mistake twice; it's on the verge of becoming a habit.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

It depends on the buyer. If they want to do the right thing, they will work with you. If not, there is nothing you can do. Point your mistake to them and offer options to solve the issue. If they do not reply, drop it and accept the loss. I know you probably do not want to hear this but this falls in the category of "cost of doing business". 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Bravo .. smart solution

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

We are all human, and though we may not all share identical cognitive traits, there is at least one thing we all have in common. We all possess the ability to make a mistake. It is possible for the smartest person on the planet to do a dumb thing - especially in a 'heat-of-the-moment' situation or while some type of unusual stressful situation.

With any task you wish to accomplish if life, there are experts out there who can teach you every step of the way in great detail to get it done right. But the best teachers we may ever have is ourselves when we make mistakes, and when those mistakes actually cost us something.

Rule of thumb: The more it costs us - the more we have learned from it.

There are times when it is time to live - it is to learn - and then, it is time to move on.

Hopefully, moving forward . . . .

Message 14 of 14
latest reply