cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Offer To Watchers Eligibility

I have many listings that have watchers, and most have the "send offer" option. However, one listing i have has 16 watchers, I have 12 available. I really want to send the watchers an offer but for some reason that listing isn't eligible to send offers. I don't really want to just lower the price. Why isn't this listing considered eligible to send offers? 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@rosus-vxdvffm 

Several criteria must be met for a listing to be eligible for offers.

From this page: Adding Best Offer to your listing and sending offers to buyers 

offers eligible.JPG

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Buyers have to "Opt In" to be eligible to receive offers. 

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Sometimes I write notes in the description to my watchers.  It can help close a sale and give more info about an item to everyone looking.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@rosus-vxdvffm   What ever you do DON'T send offers to Watchers ... they may not all be interested and some have posted here that it annoys them to get an unsolicited offer on something they are just watching.  Some of those Watchers may be competitors.

If you do anything, raise the price for a few days ... I've done that on things that have lots of Watchers but doesn't sell ... you can always lower it later and if their notifications are set right they'll receive an update that the price was lowered. 

Also by raising the price some of those Watchers may go away ... which is fine because they didn't buy it anyway.

AND finally, I've had people purchase AFTER I raised the price, go figure, huh?!?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@rosus-vxdvffm 

Several criteria must be met for a listing to be eligible for offers.

From this page: Adding Best Offer to your listing and sending offers to buyers 

offers eligible.JPG

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

some have posted here that it annoys them to get an unsolicited offer on something they are just watching

When a seller sends an offer to me, the message explains why I am getting the message and how to opt out. I suspect that most buyers who are truly annoyed will figure it out 🙂

Some of those Watchers may be competitors.

Why is that of significance or concern?

As a seller, I send offers to interested buyers all the time. I have never had a complaint and have generated plenty of sales.

As a buyer, I watch almost every single item for a day before purchasing - because about 25% of the time I will get an offer from the seller within a day with a better price.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

some have posted here that it annoys them to get an unsolicited offer on something they are just watching

When a seller sends an offer to me, the message explains why I am getting the message and how to opt out. I suspect that most buyers who are truly annoyed will figure it out 🙂

Some of those Watchers may be competitors.

Why is that of significance or concern?

As a seller, I send offers to interested buyers all the time. I have never had a complaint and have generated plenty of sales.

As a buyer, I watch almost every single item for a day before purchasing - because about 25% of the time I will get an offer from the seller within a day with a better price.

@luckythewinner   Just my opinion ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Seems to me more offers more sales?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Always drove me crazy too. I have over 300 items with watchers and would love to send them ALL a bulk offer at once. Ebay are you listening... We need a way to send a bulk offer where you chose the amount...20%..etc, to all the watches at once. Hear that . ,😎

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

You can also send an offer for multiple listings at once using Seller Hub. Here’s how:

1. Go to Seller Hub > Active
  2. Select Send Offers - Eligible to see your eligible listings.
  3. Select the listings you want to send an offer on and select Send Offers.
  4. Select a Percent off discount (e.g 10%). This discount will apply to all the listings you selected.
    • With tiered offer discounts, the discount percentage must be at least 5% less than the Buy It Now price for items under $200, 3% for items between $200 and $1,000, and 2% for items over $1,000.
    • The highest minimum discount percentage based on the Buy It Now price within the listings you’ve selected will apply.
  5. Add a message.
  6. Select Send offers.

Offers will be sent to the 30 most recent interested buyers (people watching your items or who have added your items to their cart). Each offer is valid for 48 hours or until the listing is sold, whichever comes first. With a single item listing, the first buyer to accept the offer gets the item. With a multiple quantity listing, buyers can continue to use the offer until all items in the listing are sold or the offer expires.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I've got tons of watchers but no lisitngs are ever available for me to send offers to. Can't figure out why for the life of me. I've looked at the link mentioned above and searched around with no solution. Suggestions?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I agree with you about NOT sending offers.  I have sent many, with only 2 accepted.  

Also, I received an offer from a competitor the day after I was merely looking at her item.  I was not watching and certainly never had it in my cart.  I was looking at it because I noticed she was using my photo to sell the same item.  I was quite annoyed that I was eligible to receive an offer to buy the same item I was trying to sell!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I think that is ridiculous advice. I have closed so many sales through offers given to watchers and for every one that gets annoyed  there’s 10 that don’t and at least one of those is a sale

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply