cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling with a open dispute

Hello,

I currently have an open dispute for one of my items that I sold a couple of months ago. Will eBay withhold  future payouts from me for other sales that I make during this open dispute? If they do then I will take down all my listings until the dispute is resolved.

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Selling with a open dispute

@soxfaninfl 

Only funds sufficient to cover the amount of the disputed sale will be held until the dispute is finalized.

By the way, they will get the funds one way or another. If you lose, and do not have sales to cover they will debit your attached checking account. (you authorized that when you signed up for MP)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@soxfaninfl 

Only funds sufficient to cover the amount of the disputed sale will be held until the dispute is finalized.

By the way, they will get the funds one way or another. If you lose, and do not have sales to cover they will debit your attached checking account. (you authorized that when you signed up for MP)

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

And another thing just as an FYI...

Whatever you do, don't let that dispute 'time out'. If ebay has to step in, it will be bad news for you all around. Do the best you can to comply with the dispute.

If you need help on that, you can return here and give us more information and we'd be happy to give you advice.

Good luck

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I informed the buyer to return the item, and I would refund their money if the item wasn’t damaged. They have not responded to me. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Did you accept the return and provide a return shipping label?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Okay, good to know. I will close that account. I will get a new account number.  The buyer is refusing to return the item.  I offered a refund if they returned the item undamaged, but they have not responded. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Yes, I did. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

WHY are you going to close the account?  WHAT account are you closing?  E Bay or checking?

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Checking, I have a feeling this person is not going to return the item.  They are refusing to respond to me requests via email. I shouldn’t have to refund if I haven’t received the merchandise in return. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

IF you sent a return label and they are not sending it back you will not have to refund.  The only way you MAY have to refund is if they do a chargeback.  

This may help you if they do a chargeback.  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/This-is-how-sellers-dispute-and-win-Item-not-as-described/m-p/...

Closing your checking account will not do you any good.  IF for some strange reason you do have to refund and your checking account is closed E Bay will refund from their funds then go after you in collections.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

What does it mean when I get this message? The buyer contacted me from a different eBay account. I tried to message them from their account that they used to purchase my merchandise initially. His store is still active with items for sale with the user account that they initially purchased from me. I should change my account number to prevent a charge back. 

6388F6E1-D290-4CB3-BC74-DE4B69927C01.jpeg

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

"I should change my account number to prevent a charge back." 

Is this for the $800 phone?  It would not be prudent to do something nefarious to prevent a chargeback.  If you owe eBay money it can permanently have you banned from selling. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

If they chargeback and I don’t receive my merchandise, I’m the one that gets screwed not the buyer. I’ve only sold a few items. I’ll sell somewhere else. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply