cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling weapons on Ebay

When did Ebay start allowing weapons to be sold on Ebay???????

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Selling weapons on Ebay

Pretty much anything can be a weapon. Can you be a little more specific?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

The policy that address what can and can not be listed appears in the link below. But yes, some items you might consider to be weapons are permitted. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/firearms-weapons-knives-policy?id=427...

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

By Weapon I mean a rifle that can actually be fired and kill people. There has been several Japanese WWII rifles sold on Ebay over the last month. I notified Ebay about these listing and nothing happened. There is a Japanese WWII Type 99 Arisaka for sale as we speak. I would like to know how these are being sold without going through a Federal Firearms License Dealer (FFL).

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@Anonymous 

This is worrisome.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

By Weapon I mean a rifle that can actually be fired and kill people. There has been several Japanese WWII rifles sold on Ebay over the last month. I notified Ebay about these listing and nothing happened. There is a Japanese WWII Type 99 Arisaka for sale as we speak. I would like to know how these are being sold without going through a Federal Firearms License Dealer (FFL).

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@thedeadheadshop wrote:

The policy that address what can and can not be listed appears in the link below. But yes, some items you might consider to be weapons are permitted. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/firearms-weapons-knives-policy?id=427...

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@kaydees1 wrote:

I looked and didn't see a complete working rifle sold or listed still however that doesn't mean it isn't there as I only took a glance and may well have missed it and I definitely do not doubt that its possible.

That being said, are they doing the AR-15 ghost gun routine to do an end run around the rules? Selling a kit of parts that ebay wouldn't immediately recognize as anything other than militaria collectible parts?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@treasure.hunter.d wrote:

@kaydees1 wrote:

I looked and didn't see a complete working rifle sold or listed still however that doesn't mean it isn't there as I only took a glance and may well have missed it and I definitely do not doubt that its possible.

That being said, are they doing the AR-15 ghost gun routine to do an end run around the rules? Selling a kit of parts that ebay wouldn't immediately recognize as anything other than militaria collectible parts?

What would you call this a Cap Gun. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaydees1 wrote:

Hi @kaydees1, I've reviewed your recent reports and can confirm all have reviewed and appropriate action was taken. One of the items you reported is no longer on the site as an ended listing, which is a strong indication that we've taken action on the item to remove it. As for all of your other reports, it looks like you have primarily been reporting rifle barrels from WWII, none of which violate our firearms policy. You can review the full details of our policy here. Please continue to report any concerns you have for review so we can ensure nothing is being missed. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaydees1 wrote:

Hi @kaydees1, I just wanted to follow up that I was unable to find any reports from you for a listing with a full rifle, only rifle barrels. A firearms ability to be fired is a not a factor on whether we will remove it, as we do not allow any full firearms to be listed on the site. We do allow for some parts and accessories as noted in the link I provided previously, and the barrels you reported would not be in violation.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Trinton,

I will never inform Ebay of any violations. You stated that the individual was selling barrels, which is not a violation. The seller can state that it is a barrel but when a receiver is attached it is a rifle. All parts are available on Ebay to complete the assembly of the rifle. I inform Ebay several times abut Violations and they do nothing and the item sells. I go to the community center and ask a question and respond to questions by other members and I get this from Ebay.

Hi​​​​​​​ kaydees1,   I’m sorry to let you know this is an official warning for a violation of the Community Guidelines.   Your recent post, found here, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Selling/Selling-weapons-on-Ebay/m-p/29881103#M1429957 has been edited, because it violates the following: No naming and shaming. We will not tolerate posting about listing or member violations. Item numbers, auction links, negative/neutral feedback scores, other members’ ID or contact information. Ebay would not even allow me to post their complete reply.
There is a problem here and I will no longer assist Ebay with violations.
kaydees1
Dwight
Message 13 of 13
latest reply