cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling an item as auction, but not seeing it listed

Hi there, a couple of days ago I started selling an item as an auction. I tried searching for it, but I do not see it listed anywhere, and I have had about four views total. What's going on? Thank you.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Okay, thank you very much for the heads up. Why are there so many listings for laptops/phones/etcetera being sold for so much if the scam rate is so high? How the heck do these people scam someone if they buy the item, and the money is received into my bank account?

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

OP, I see you have been on ebay since 2010, but I do not see anyfeedback for you as a seller.

Is this the first item you have ever sold.

Are you aware on how you get paid on ebay - that buyers pay with paypal - and as a new seller, money is held for up to 21 days (4 with tracking).

That buyers have 30 days on ebay and 180 on paypal to file SNAD, and ebay can go in and freeze your paypal account, and if nothing is in there, go to the bank account you have linked and take it out of there.

Or that you need to make sure money is in your paypal account and not that buyer sent you a phishing email pretending he paid you.

Or the scammers who troll the sold listings and try to get the package divered to them.

You are new and this is a high scam item.  You are a target.  Buyers can file snad, and send you back a rock and you would have to return their money.

Look at the other thread where buyer is claiming it has no hard drive.  Now we do not know who is telling the truth but it does not matter as buyer will prevail.

OP, cancel listing and come here and ask a lot of questions first.  And then relist the computer once you become more familiar with how ebay works.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Wow, that turns my stomach as to how people scam. How very, very sad.

I cancelled the listing, thank you.

I have only sold a book on here. Is amazon more safe to sell?

Also, even if I have "No returns accepted" they can still do a SNAD and possibly commit a scam, by geting their money back and sending back a rock, for example?

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

We are not allowed to direct people or encourage them to go to to other venues - it is against board policy.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

@stgemmagalgani wrote:

I have only sold a book on here. Is amazon more safe to sell?

Also, even if I have "No returns accepted" they can still do a SNAD and possibly commit a scam, by geting their money back and sending back a rock, for example?

@stgemmagalgani, as other posters have noted, the safest way to sell something like what you have is locally, for cash.

And yes, doesn't matter if you have a "No Returns Policy."   You can refuse to accept returns if you like, but eBay will make you refund the buyer which means you'll be out the money and your item.  The "rock scam" is just one of many. 

I suggest you take some time and read through the forums here.  You will be appalled at the number and variety of scams and scam attempts that occur.  And, that's just those which are being shared on the discussion boards.  Easily, thousands of other rip-offs are committed daily, but those sellers just don't come to the forums and report or don't even realize the forums exist.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Nothing is Guaranteed to be shown anymore per the last user agreement, you should go back and read it.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stgemmagalgani wrote:

Yes. Using Local Pickup Only may be a better option for you. Search the boards to find out the ins-and-outs of local pickup through eBay before making your decision.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Local pickup is no better imo when sellers cannot insist on cash only.

Thread here where seller used it, was paid by paypal, and it did not end well for him.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply