cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling an item as auction, but not seeing it listed

Hi there, a couple of days ago I started selling an item as an auction. I tried searching for it, but I do not see it listed anywhere, and I have had about four views total. What's going on? Thank you.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Well @stgemmagalgani, if you'd like some of us to try and see if we can view/find it, you need to at least give us a hint as to what this item is.    Keywords, Item #, etc?   Have you looked in your "Active" list?  Does it show up there?

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Hello,

Yes it shows in my active list. I have the item labeled as, "Lenovo Yoga 720 15.6" 4K 512GB SSD -16GB RAM - I7-7700HQ - GTX1050 2GB WARRANT" and the item number is 253863117477.

I have sold something in the past and was able to see it when searching, but as mentioned before, I do not see this one listed when I do a search.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Please don't tell me that it's the laptop!! You've had one sale in on here and that was 6 months ago. You should never try to sell something for more than your seller feedback count. Electronics and computers are the worst categories for sellers due to scammers and your being a newbie - makes you ripe for the pickin. Without feedback and experience - selling via local channels where you only accept cash is your best bet.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Okay, you do not need to be rude, tunicaslot, but thank you for the information. However, that does not solve my problem of not seeing it as listed on my end.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Yes, I  played with your title - typing in entire description and then the first 3 words, 4 words, 5 words, 6 words in your title and I cannot get it to come up either.

edited to add:

Lenovo Yoga 720 15.6" 4K 512GB SSD

Comes up under this

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@stgemmagalgani -- Yes, I can see it both by searching by keyword/s and the item number so it is listed.  As to why you can't see it, sometimes that happens.  There was another poster on the forum who was having the same problem earlier this week.  They couldn't see their own item, but several others weighed in on the thread and said they could see it just fine.

eBay does selectively make listings viewable.  It's in their TOS.  Kind of dumb IMO they don't allow sellers to see their own stuff, though if you complain, eBay will say that it often takes 24 hours for your items to appear.  My guess is, give it a bit more time and you'll be able to see it, but in the meantime it is viewable to others, at least to me.

However, all the aside, I'd be really careful about trying to sell something that expensive here as computers/phones/electronics are a high scam category.  At the very least, I wouldn't use an auction format --  you' be better off using a BIN (Buy It Now) format as at least then the buyer *must* pay for the item instantly.  But even so, there are various scams people can still pull on sellers and often do with an item like the one you'd like to sell. 

Best rull of thumb is to only sell something you can afford to lose, as all to often that's exactly what happens.  😞

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

OP it is the dashes in your title.  When you remove them it then comes up fine.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stgemmagalgani wrote:

that does not solve my problem of not seeing it as listed on my end.

Log out. Sometimes your own items don't appear in your search when you're logged in.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

As noted above, the problem is your use of minus signs, which are being misinterpreted by the search bots.  Your listing is one of ten that show up when I search on just the beginning (before getting to the minus signs):  Lenovo Yoga 720 15.6" 4K 512GB SSD.  So the easy solution is to edit your listing to remove the minus signs (dashes).  If you want something between the phrases, use commas.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Thank you for the information. I have it listed as, "Lenovo Yoga 720 15.6" 4K 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, I7-7700HQ, GTX1050 2GB WARRANTY." However, I do not see it listed when I search for lenovo yoga 720 15.6", even when I am logged out.

Regarding scams: if I happen to sell the laptop, and someone scams me some how, would not ebay pay me instead? Thank you.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

No, if someone scams you, you are essentially on your own.

The only protection you have would be against item not received as long as you have tracking to the address on the buyer's paypal account and you use online signature confirmation.

When the item sells, come here and we will walk you through it to give you the most protection available.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_oac=1&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_...

Comes up for me using those 4 words.

I have read where sellers do not see the same way the rest of us do.

Sign out and then search and see if you can find it.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@stgemmagalgani wrote:

Hi there, a couple of days ago I started selling an item as an auction. I tried searching for it, but I do not see it listed anywhere, and I have had about four views total. What's going on? Thank you.

A new seller selling a $1000 computer.

Be prepared to be scammed and lose your computer and money.

Personally, I would end the listing and sell locally, local pick up only.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@stgemmagalgani wrote:

Okay, you do not need to be rude, tunicaslot, but thank you for the information. However, that does not solve my problem of not seeing it as listed on my end.

tunicaslot is not being rude but only trying to keep you from being ripped off on Ebay.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply