cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling accounts banned for no reason?

So recently I had ebay ban my account as well as my wifes account who has over 1000 feedback a majority from selling.  We had a email from ebay asking for documentation from both of us and asked us to provide receipts along with personal documentation. We both sent receipts of the products we had sold recently but they were denied and they requested receipts of all the items we were selling. We both mainly sell new exclusive sneakers or clothes that we always have receipts for and proof of authenticity. However, we also well many vintage items or items we find laying around the house. For items such as these we cannot provide receipts. Any reason how I could go about solving this ? Me and my wife have been using eBay for a long time and it is sad that this happened to us because many of our customers are no longer able to purchase from us.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Selling accounts banned for no reason?

One company that is hard on internet selling is Stihl. They have a policy with dealerships.

Stihl has a "No Shipping" Internet Policy that we follow, therefore this unit can not be shipped and will need to be picked up in our showroom.

So anyone selling a "new" stihl saw is really selling a used never run saw. Maybe some sneaker and purse company's have the same or similar policies. When someone sells a large number of "New" items it gets on their radar.  

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 31 of 35
latest reply

You keep missing the point. 

eBay wants you gone. It started with the sneakers. You repeatedly listed them after they took them down. That is a policy violation.

As I said, they can't prove they're fake, you can't prove they're real. You can have a receipt for the real ones and ship fake ones.

Now why eBay didn't just tell you they didn't want you here because of the sneaker thing, why they kept asking for the same documents, why they claimed they weren't adequate,  who knows. They very seldom give the whole reasoning behind things like this. Asking for documents on who you are and receipts for used items just gave them an excuse to boot you off.

Having multiple accounts that at any time have accessed the same IP address makes you suspect in eBay's eyes. And if one goes down, they all go down. Even your neighbor's if he happened to hop on to your wifi.

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

@creoleorchid wrote:

You keep missing the point. 

eBay wants you gone. It started with the sneakers. You repeatedly listed them after they took them down. That is a policy violation.

As I said, they can't prove they're fake, you can't prove they're real. You can have a receipt for the real ones and ship fake ones.

Now why eBay didn't just tell you they didn't want you here because of the sneaker thing, why they kept asking for the same documents, why they claimed they weren't adequate,  who knows. They very seldom give the whole reasoning behind things like this. Asking for documents on who you are and receipts for used items just gave them an excuse to boot you off.

Having multiple accounts that at any time have accessed the same IP address makes you suspect in eBay's eyes. And if one goes down, they all go down. Even your neighbor's if he happened to hop on to your wifi.

I totally agree with you.

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

Do you think that the "appeal team" really looked at the receipts that you submitted?
Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Whenever I have a question about the authenticity of an item, whether it might be stolen or a knock-off, I refrain from purchasing it.
Message 35 of 35
latest reply