cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling accounts banned for no reason?

So recently I had ebay ban my account as well as my wifes account who has over 1000 feedback a majority from selling.  We had a email from ebay asking for documentation from both of us and asked us to provide receipts along with personal documentation. We both sent receipts of the products we had sold recently but they were denied and they requested receipts of all the items we were selling. We both mainly sell new exclusive sneakers or clothes that we always have receipts for and proof of authenticity. However, we also well many vintage items or items we find laying around the house. For items such as these we cannot provide receipts. Any reason how I could go about solving this ? Me and my wife have been using eBay for a long time and it is sad that this happened to us because many of our customers are no longer able to purchase from us.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

These shoes havent been sold on ebay, and they were authentic sneakers. eBay had informed me that someone had flagged them repeaditly for being unauthentic and they were taken down. They advised me that I shoudnt list them even if they are authentic since someone kept flagging them.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

@alekrup_16 wrote:

These shoes havent been sold on ebay, and they were authentic sneakers. eBay had informed me that someone had flagged them repeaditly for being unauthentic and they were taken down. They advised me that I shoudnt list them even if they are authentic since someone kept flagging them.

Then QUIT LISTING THEM HERE.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

You might try contacting someone on the ebay facebook page and see if they can help ....... 

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Gonna contact them now! Thanks!
Message 6 of 35
latest reply

You got on their radar screen with those Adidas sneakers which you continued to list after eBay took them down.  They can't prove they are fake any more than you can prove they aren't. So they invoked a clause in the user agreement that you signed when you opened the account allowing them to use their sole descretion in letting you use their site.

I think I have read of only one seller who ever got reinstated after being banned.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

I have sold many items on eBay after this incident and haven't had a case or complaint filed against me for any of the items I have been selling. Could it be that eBay is just doing a follow up check to make sure I am selling authentic items ? Someone told me it may be due to me selling items at a high price which raised the flag for eBay. Appreciate your response!
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

If you continue to list here after ebay removes those items, then yes you will be banned.

Right or wrong, you were warned, and you did not heed that advice.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

@alekrup_16 wrote:
I have sold many items on eBay after this incident and haven't had a case or complaint filed against me for any of the items I have been selling. Could it be that eBay is just doing a follow up check to make sure I am selling authentic items ? Someone told me it may be due to me selling items at a high price which raised the flag for eBay. Appreciate your response!

It could be either of those scenarios.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

This is the second or third time this has come up recently. It has been with designer or name brand items everytime. I guess if someone is selling new brand name items they should be able to show where they came from. I think this is where eBay is heading. They want to see a paper trail back to the manufacture. 

Good or bad, I don't know but if you don't comply they will ban you.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

@alekrup_16

When ebay removes an item...

You never EVER relist it

And don't listen to an ebay CS who says just relist, you are good... NO.

That is a good way for the ebay bots to bounce you.

And not even the big guy, can override the bots

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Thank you for the reply but the problem is not from these sneakers I just recently had a full out ban on all my accounts because I sold 3 items on a account I haven't used in a while which totaled over $1000 in a single day which raised the flag for eBay. My question is why eBay has banned both my accounts and is Refusing to take the receipts that I have for all the items I sold. Once again thanks for the reply ! 

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

@alekrup_16 wrote:

Thank you for the reply but the problem is not from these sneakers I just recently had a full out ban on all my accounts because I sold 3 items on a account I haven't used in a while which totaled over $1000 in a single day which raised the flag for eBay. My question is why eBay has banned both my accounts and is Refusing to take the receipts that I have for all the items I sold. Once again thanks for the reply ! 

Without knowing what the items were it is hard to say anything about it. When eBay closes an account it closes all accounts associated with that IP address and sometimes a few more they think are associated. 

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 14 of 35
latest reply

@alekrup_16 wrote:

Your original post said nothing about this. How can you expewct us to give you good advice when you withhold the most important information?

That aside ...

Why did they ban both accounts? Because you are not permitted to get around a ban by using a different account.

"You can't register a new account or use an existing account while your account is suspended. We may also suspend new or existing accounts that anyone in your household opened."

Message 15 of 35
latest reply