cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling? Iffy Buyer? Gut Feeling? Any Advice?

So I sold 4 items totaling close to $150 plus $30 plus in shipping charges yesterday to a brand new buyer, opened account 4/20/24. Obviously no feedback yet. I sold 3 pairs of my more expensive panties and a candle. Panties are different sizes, small and medium. In my 13+ years of selling on eBay I have NEVER sold clothes plus a candle to any one buyer. Most buyers are looking for either or. Buyer also did not request a combined shipping discount which actually would be a big difference. Panties would ship basically for free along with the heavier candle. Should I cancel? What would other sellers do? Worst that can happen, negative feedback? Thank you for any help!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Selling? Iffy Buyer? Gut Feeling? Any Advice?

Why in the world would you cancel? I've sold to '0' buyers many times and always successfully. Heck, sell 'em!

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@yellow-snapdragon 

I wouldn't over think it. It may be a guest buyer.  I get them a lot from time to time.   Ship it and hope for the best. 

Congrats in all your sales!

Keep up the good work!

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

We all started a “0” and IMO is never a reason to just cancel an order.

And hello, I can completely can see people ordering panties & a candle! Just because panties are two sizes really means nothing. Maybe they are between sizes? Lost weight? Gained weight? Unsure of how brands fit them? And they are new and probably don’t know about the fact that shipping can be combined.

Wouldn’t cancel or stress out over any of this and if combined shipping would be a big difference, as you stated, I’d definitely send the buyer a nice note and refund on the overage.

Hopefully with that, you’ve gained a happy repeat customer 😁

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Maybe they just needed a candle to set their old panties on fire.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

@hartungcards 

Lol...thanks for this, it made my day!

smiley.jpg

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@yellow-snapdragon wrote:

In my 13+ years of selling on eBay I have NEVER sold clothes plus a candle to any one buyer.

Last Sunday at Walmart I bought a men's shirt, a box of Del Monte Mandarin orange fruit cups... and a candle. Fortunately no one questioned me on the way out.

If eBay tells you that you've been paid and it's time to ship, then out the door it goes, and congratulations on the sale.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

this must be pick on O.P. day!

To the O.P.:

Google map your buyer location. Does it look solid or iffy?

I would keep it simple if you ship. You should adjust a partial refund on shipping and entertain signature required at delivery to be safe.

Maybe this is an early Mother's Day gift from the hubby. 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

How is that relevant? What does an 'iffy' location look like anyway? The purchase is either paid for or it isnt. If it is then its time to ship.

I would keep it simple if you ship. You should adjust a partial refund on shipping and entertain signature required at delivery to be safe.

Adding a totally unnecessary Signature Confirmation (at an extra charge to the seller) is hardly 'keeping it simple'. All that does is add annoyance to the buyer who somehow has to be there to sign for the package when that is not actually required for seller protection below $750.

I agree that a partial refund on the overpaid Shipping expense would be good. Failing to ask for combined shipping is probably a newbie buyer error.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Hi! I've sold things this year that people had zero feedback at the time & just signed up. There were no problems.  Sometimes people are searching & will find your items from other pages. I hope this helps put you at ease. Those same people now have more feedback and actually came back and left me good feedback. It's the ones you least expect too.  Maybe the panties & candle are for a romantic evening. And the other size could be for someone else- a gift etc.  Shipping probably didn't bother them so they didn't ask for combined shipping.  Or maybe they didn't know about it since they just starting buying off ebay. Once again, I hope this helps. Blessings Always. 

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Sorry . mtgraves7984. This was supposed to be for original poster. Hit the wrong reply button. Have a blessed one!

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Hi. I accidentally posted under mtgraves 7984. I hope you see it. I hope this it will put your mind at ease. 😇

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

If your buyer already paid, it is in your best interest to ship and not cancel UNLESS the buyer requests a cancellation.  You will earn a strike  on your selling account  (collect too many and eBay  can and usually will cancel your selling privileges and possibly a neg FB from the buyer.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

FYIWhen I sold on eBay had  more issue with folks with 3  digit or more FB.  ZIPPO issues with 0 folks.  Shipped  1665 items on eBay.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Why do you keep telling people to do this? DO NOT DO THIS, this is terrible advice.

They pay, you ship. Period.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply