cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers responsibility for stolen package

I sold and shipped an expensive pair of shoes. Usps tracking states delivered at door. Buyer never received the package. Am I the shipper responsible to refund buyer his money? Even though I did my part and shipped. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Year old necro but the infomation contained is still pertinent to the holiday shipping season

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@kickzztocardz wrote:

I sold and shipped an expensive pair of shoes. Usps tracking states delivered at door. Buyer never received the package. Am I the shipper responsible to refund buyer his money? Even though I did my part and shipped. 

No , you're not responsible . It's actually the buyers responsibilty to provide a safe  place  for delivered items  that they know ahead of time are coming especially  . You did your part by shipping and providing a tracking number . Tulips 

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@krisb_32 wrote:
I have a buyer claim ing their package never arrived and that it was likely stolen, and they've opened a case. I uploaded tracking information that shows it was delivered to her front porch and she confirmed the address was correct. This was a few days ago, and the case hasn't cleared. Should I go ahead and call EBay?

I had the same thing once . Tracking showed delivered  but the buyer claimed she never got it . It was a small  lightweight package .It turned up a few days later  laying under a pile of  wet leaves  on the buyers porch . They had just had a storm . Tulips 

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I know they have a screwed-up system I ordered some struts I never received them said they was delivered when they should have had me sent time for it then I wouldn't have my struts I wouldn't be out of money now I'm playing the waiting game playing drama games because the seller should have had me sign for it and then I would have got my merchandize don't know where the hell something that

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

MOD This tread is 1 year old, lock it.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 21 of 21
latest reply