cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers getting shortes on packing material. Where to go?

Great video on YouTube of someone who purchased a bunch of bubble wrap from multiple.  To sum it up, we are getting screwed by virtually everyone except American bubble boy.  Anyone know who can be trusted on kraft paper?  Supposedly supply hut is shorting us in that as well.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Sellers getting shortes on packing material. Where to go?

The shorting of bubble wrap is old news frankly. It's been going on for YEARS.

Have you ever bothered to count the # of boxes you get in an order, or bubble mailers etc? If you do, don't be surprised if you come up short on those as well.

Unless it's an OBVIOUS shortage, I don't bother. My time is worth more than that.

Large bubble I usually get from both WM  (clear and thinner backing & bubbles) and UHaul (green and thicker backing & bubbles). Which I use when packing depends on WHAT I'm packing as the thicker UHaul stuff is more expensive per ft and the thinner WM stuff is fine for lighter weight less fragile stuffs.

I have a source where I can cheaply buy rolls that are so big you need a pickup to haul them (same with packing peanuts) but since I moved I simply don't have the storage space.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

I posted a link to the video in this thread.  I have no vested interest in American Bubble Boy.  They were just the only supplier in this video that didn't short the customer 25-40%

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Packing Paper = U-Haul  200  24"X30" Sheets  Clean White Newsprint  $14.99

Not a bad deal

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

White tissue paper from Dollar Tree is $1.25 for 35 sheets brand new.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I just got over 100 boxes from the former post office supervisor who had saved them for herself.  Neatly folded by size.  I never thought to ask them.  It's saved me a ton of money.  For smaller boxes, I have even bought Christmas boxes at the Dollar Store when they're on sale for a quarter.  They're sturdy and will be nice at Christmas.  Another idea? When sourcing at garage sales, I buy tins for a quarter or less or any other box that is sturdy even if I don't want the item inside. If it's well made and less than 50 cents, it's still less expensive than ordering online.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@tthodgepodge  FWIW, the last bubble wrap I bought was on AMZ. 

Sold by and shipped by AMZ.

Posting ID
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

On the youtube video cited above, the amazon 175 foot roll came in at 156 feet. That's 10%. That, or part of it, could have been a measurement error. I'm willing to overlook that discrepancy if it's a one-time short roll.

The only time I've ever counted boxes, bubble wrap, or mailers is when we acquired (free) some boxes for which I had no use. I counted the boxes to make sure they contained the amounts labeled on the shipping box before I resold them. All were there.

One thing I'm definitely not going to check is to see if my rolls of packing tape actually contain 110 yards. I could see that making a pretty funny video though.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply