cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers getting shortes on packing material. Where to go?

Great video on YouTube of someone who purchased a bunch of bubble wrap from multiple.  To sum it up, we are getting screwed by virtually everyone except American bubble boy.  Anyone know who can be trusted on kraft paper?  Supposedly supply hut is shorting us in that as well.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

"Someone"

"Supposedly"

Your post has as much value as that old saw about putting the one way mirror in backwards.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I have no idea what you're asking/saying?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I've read some reports on this. People have ordered rolls of bubble wrap from various sellers, measured what they received, and found most of the rolls a little to substantially short.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Again "some reports" is completely useless. You and the OP need to Cite your sources

Is this anything like the lawyer who sued Subway because their "footlong" was actually 11 3/4"?

OH WAIT ! I was over to the lumber yard the other day and I was royally cheated.

That 2x4 was actually only  1 5/8x3 5/8.

LAWYER !!!!!!!

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

When I was looking to buy some bubble wrap I saw "reviews" that said the rolls were short.

I didnt pay it much attention.

I ordered what i needed for the cost i was willing to pay.

I have no idea hwo they measured and if the review was correct.

I got my bubble wrap and it looks good to me. BUT  I also am too busy to sit around unrolling bubble wrap rolls and measuring them.

Im more concerned if it is good quality and not thin with no air in the bubbles.

As for kraft paper.. I cant give any recommendations. I dont use it.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I'm always interested in where to buy affordable supplies.  I don't use kraft paper, but I wouldn't mind having an affordable supplier for plain newspaper if you know of any.  (Also small boxes.)  Preferably where you don't have to buy a ton to get a reasonable price.  But I know that's asking a lot.  Perhaps I'll just keep scrounging for such things and asking my relatives to save small boxes for me.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for the heads up. I always buy from American Bubble Boy cause they are good quality, cheap and ship quickly.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I saw that video too and saw that some others also have followed up with the same basic problem after they checked their latest bubble wrap orders. Unfortunately just a few days before I got a shipment of bubble wrap and was considering American Bubble Boy at the time but didn't go with them. It's been said that the problem may well be with the 3rd party overseas suppliers these other companies are using since they don't make their own. The companies we buy from are responsible to do quality checks though so I hope they make some type of amends to the customers that got shorted. 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I get free "used/recycle" supplies from Hallmark/ The Paper Store and a smoke shop. Mostly is packing peanuts and bubble wrap, sometime packing paper. Good luck.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

I ordered bubble wrap from one of the suppliers on eBay mentioned in that video who is a heavy advertiser with roughly 97% positive ratings.  The seller's negative ratings are either for late shipment  or short rolls. I ordered four 175' rolls (700' total) that were all the same diameter when received.  When I measured one, it was only 132' long, so I was shorted by roughly 25%.  The seller offered to ship one more roll if I didn't return it. I noted that five 132' rolls would still be less than the 700' I ordered. So the seller offered to send two rolls.  It was clear to me that this was a scam based entirely on the fact that no one will take the time to measure their bubble rolls. I hate being cheated, so I was willing to spend the time and get a refund.  It was also the poorest quality bubble wrap I've ever seen.

I measured the rolls was because I had previously ordered a 175' roll from Staples. I still had the box, which was way bigger than the rolls that I received from the eBay seller.  I went back to buying my rolls from Staples, even if I pay a small premium.  I haven't been disappointed yet.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

If you are measuring and being cheated; you can return it on the sellers dime and get your money back and then you can leave negative feedback if it is atrocious. (not for 'it's 342' and not 350')

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@tthodgepodge wrote:

Great video on YouTube of someone who purchased a bunch of bubble wrap from multiple.  To sum it up, we are getting screwed by virtually everyone except American bubble boy.  Anyone know who can be trusted on kraft paper?  Supposedly supply hut is shorting us in that as well.

What "video"?

How much is "a bunch"?

"Shorted" by how much?

"Multiple" what?

Who is the "we" who are getting screwed?

"Everyone except" - do you have a vested interest in the seller you claim is good?

If this is an eBay purchase, the solution is incredibly easy - just file a SNAD and get a refund.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

We don't sell enough to order supplies on line.  We buy Kraft paper at Dollar Tree for $1.25 and you get a roll of 2.5' x 15' which really isn't a lot and we never measured so the roll is probably a little less.

Since we don't use a lot of bubble wrap we buy a roll of 12" x 100' Large size bubble from Walmart for $19. and some change.  The have the DUCK brand and we haven't had any problem with the quality.  LIke others here we don't have the time to count the sheets to make sure there is 100.

If you use a lot of paper then we used to go to a local newspaper and buy their end rolls which were very inexpensive and we would come back with nice clean paper that was never used.  

Message 15 of 22
latest reply