cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers fee promotion

Hi all,

I am hoping for an answer from an official Ebay associate. I recently sold an item under the no selling fees for the first 5 items, and I saw on my invoice that sure enough it charged me the sellers fee (final value). When will I get this money back? Otherwise this is false advertising. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sellers fee promotion

Can you post the verbiage of the offer?.......  sometimes people mistake a promo..........

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sellers fee promotion

These are community help boards.  Member to member.  Sometimes an Ebay employee AKA Blues will pop in, but not often.

Look at your invoice a bit closer.  Yes they would charge your account for the FVF [final value fee], but you should also see a credit for the same amount.  The answers are usually in the details.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sellers fee promotion

Thank you for response. There is no listing for a credit. Does Ebay have a contact email? I tried calling but they don't seem to understand my problem.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sellers fee promotion

@dominibedrossia0 wrote:

Thank you for response. There is no listing for a credit. Does Ebay have a contact email? I tried calling but they don't seem to understand my problem.

Look at the promo itself and read what it says.  Sometimes they give a time frame in which the credits will be released.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sellers fee promotion

They usually use sneaky wording or short lived time frames. Most times you have to "activate" the savings before you sell anything and hope it doesnt expire before a sale goes through.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sellers fee promotion

@cashvaluerecovery2011 wrote:
They usually use sneaky wording or short lived time frames. Most times you have to "activate" the savings before you sell anything and hope it doesnt expire before a sale goes through.

That's a bit unfair.  It is stated in the terms, just like for any other promo Ebay offers.  The font sizes aren't smaller than normal or hidden in some way.  You just need to actually read the terms of the promo.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply