cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers check your PHOTOS on newly auto relist items...

All my photos have disappeared for items that were automatically relisted within the last 8 hours (give or take)... on the phone with Ebay conceirge now

Message 1 of 180
latest reply
179 REPLIES 179

@rome-italy wrote:
Hi Alan@eBay -- how do I know which ones of my thousands of items are now missing a pic?
Will they be restored by eBay?

@rome-italy

Check your GTC listings that have between roughly 25 and 28 days until renewal.

Message 166 of 180
latest reply

I'm having the same issue with GTC relisted items on eBay.ca

Message 167 of 180
latest reply

How to Recover Photos

The easiest way to recover them is to search google cache. To do this google your item number and you will hopefully see your listing come up. instead of clicking on the clickable google search result link itself....look immediately under it and there should also be a green link that shows the actual address. To the right where the green address ends there is a down arrow. Click in and view cached. Then click on your image to expand it and right click and save.

Message 168 of 180
latest reply

Yes, I saw this on the Scavenger Life forum. I've recovered photos for 10 of my 35 affected listings so far. Still need to do the rest, but it's time consuming. I'm going to save them to my computer for a few days, hoping that eBay will be able to fix the problem and restore the photos. But if not, I'll be able to re-upload them.
Message 169 of 180
latest reply

May be time comsuming.... but not as much as taking new picture!

Message 170 of 180
latest reply

hi, are the lost pictures ever going to come back?
Message 171 of 180
latest reply

Thanks a lot for the tip. This will help for the couple listings, that I no longer have the photos for.
Message 172 of 180
latest reply

@solarlightsplus wrote:

How to Recover Photos

The easiest way to recover them is to search google cache. To do this google your item number and you will hopefully see your listing come up. instead of clicking on the clickable google search result link itself....look immediately under it and there should also be a green link that shows the actual address. To the right where the green address ends there is a down arrow. Click in and view cached. Then click on your image to expand it and right click and save.

This information above was a great post by @solarlightsplus

I was able to recover most of my listing pictures with this process as I had about 75 effected listings. 

I had previously completed the bulk edit and update process that restored the "main" picture only.

This is described below by @inceptions.

@inceptions wrote:

This is a known issue and eBay says they are working on it.

Here is the workaround that you can do for individual listings or in bulk for ALL your listings (if you don't want to waste time trying to find the affected listings:

For one listing - Click Revise, then submit. You don't have to make any changes.

For all listings - Check the box above the individual checkboxes to the left of your active listings to select all. Click Edit. Again here, no edits are necessary. On the Bulk Edit page, click Submit changes, then Confirm and Submit, then OK. Your photos will be restored.

I ended up being able to restore all pictures accept 8 listings out of approximately 75 that were effected. Google did not have those particular 8 listings cached.

This complete debacle was very disturbing to say the least. All of my listings contained between 3 and 12 pictures and I rely on a good presentation to compete with other sellers. 

Thanks go out to @solarlightsplus@inceptions and other members who posted helpful information to make recovery possible. Appreciate you all taking the time to provide info. 

Message 173 of 180
latest reply

Same thing happening to my listings! I am finding ones now that do not have pictures. Is there any way to filter out listings that do not have photos? I have over 8,000 listings and all of them are Good till cancelled format. 😞

Message 174 of 180
latest reply

Hi @flyingcolorsairparts2014

See this thread for help:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Replacing-Active-Content/Find-Listings-that-are-missing-photos/m-p/286...

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 175 of 180
latest reply

@inceptions Thank you!!
Message 176 of 180
latest reply

Can an Ebay team member please provide an update when the promised insertion fee credit will be issued (see below). I just checked my account, and there's no sign of it. TIA

Dear tpopnyc,

We made a technical error during a recent update that caused many sellers to lose images associated with their Good Til Cancelled listings. We cannot, unfortunately, retrieve many of the lost images. If re-uploading images is feasible for you, we encourage you to do so.

We know this has been extremely frustrating.

Sellers make up the backbone of eBay, and we’re committed to helping your business grow. To set you up for future success, we’re crediting you back for insertion fees on the impacted listings and providing you with 200 zero insertion fees to use until July 28, 2018.
Again, we’re very sorry for this technical error. Thank you for your patience as we actively work to improve our processes.

The eBay Seller Team
Message 177 of 180
latest reply

It is still happening as of Oct 2nd 2018. I called bay (and this is not my first time photos have disappeared, it has been happening for months now). The useless reps continue to babble ignorance. Tis another sad example of how ebay treats sellers. I sell top name brand high end clothing..I use a lot of photos on each listing to provide as much transparency as possible to customers.  Is ebay ever going to stop this complete lack of regard for both their sellers and customers?

Message 178 of 180
latest reply

@kimberleykate090807 wrote:

It is still happening as of Oct 2nd 2018. I called bay (and this is not my first time photos have disappeared, it has been happening for months now). The useless reps continue to babble ignorance. Tis another sad example of how ebay treats sellers. I sell top name brand high end clothing..I use a lot of photos on each listing to provide as much transparency as possible to customers.  Is ebay ever going to stop this complete lack of regard for both their sellers and customers?

@kimberleykate090807

I just checked my last 20 GTC relists and the pics were all there. In what timeframe did you see your pics dissappear? How many days/hours ago did your GTC items relist without pics?

Message 179 of 180
latest reply

Just yesterday...it has been happening consistently for several months now. I am so frustrated....I have to comb through hundreds of photos taken months ago just to get the listings back up to speed....
Message 180 of 180
latest reply