cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers check your PHOTOS on newly auto relist items...

All my photos have disappeared for items that were automatically relisted within the last 8 hours (give or take)... on the phone with Ebay conceirge now

Message 1 of 180
latest reply
179 REPLIES 179

I have over 100 listings that have photos dropped, this will take hours. I feel really bad for sellers with thousands, that is awful.

Unfortunately I think WE ARE their test. 😞

Message 136 of 180
latest reply

I have 30 more GTC left to turnover today. Still holding my breath.

Message 137 of 180
latest reply

So far, since late yesterday all the GTC relists kept their pictures, thankfully! So I think they fixed that part at least. Hoping it stays that way.

Message 138 of 180
latest reply

This incompetence from eBay is because all the fees they charge us goes directly to the pocket of eBay CEO and other high ranked staff, while they probably hired low paid/low skilled tech people to deal with the site.
Message 139 of 180
latest reply

Next week is not going to be a good week for the ebay call centers......

Message 140 of 180
latest reply

Not only the CEOs and other "high ranking" employees, but also to all of the eBay sell-out puppets like Kathy Terrill. If these people actually spent the kind of time we do RUNNING an eBay business with hundreds, or even thousands of listings maybe they'd change their tune about eBay too, instead of being a bunch of biased fan-boy cheerleaders with 30 listings in their store and compensation rolling in for running marketing ploy sites with "feel-good" videos about how great eBay is and how their new "bend-over-and-take-it-with-a-smile" policies are somehow good for us.

Message 141 of 180
latest reply

test

Message 142 of 180
latest reply

This is simply ridiculous!  We give Ebay and Paypal almost 14% of the total and they can't simply keep our regular listing in good working order.   This has affected HUNDREDS of my listings, which I will probably have to go in and try to change one by one.  This will be probaby a weeks worth of work just to fix their MISTAKE!  

I'm also tired of the change this and change that attitude to fit their policy.  Here are just some of the changes I remember that literally I've spents hundreds of hours changing.

1:  The image sizes were too small and they required more larger size pics.  (This was about 50 hours of work)

2.  They wanted all the listings to be HTTPS from HTTP, so I had to remove all the links (Turbo Lister automitically puts a stupid logo in the auction desciption)  I had to remove all of this from each listing  (This was about 50 hours of work)

3.  Now they want a UPC and a brand and type listing from each listing.   (Still working on this after about 60 hours)

What next Ebay do you want us to change.  If I have to go thru and all all the images again it will literally take me well over 100 hours of work.

I'm frustrated to say the least!  Will we be getting a credit on this mistake from Ebay?

Message 143 of 180
latest reply

Hi everyone, 

I've been advised that the issue with photos not appearing on relisted Good Till Cancelled items is resolved. 

Please let me know if you're still experiencing this issue. 

Thanks. 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 144 of 180
latest reply

Just discovered this problem tonight.

My listing I have found so far without photos are:

Message 145 of 180
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I've been advised that the issue with photos not appearing on relisted Good Till Cancelled items is resolved.  

I guess resolved means will not happen from now on. I had to add a main images to some of my items listed on eBay.de 

Test your eBay search rank: https://ranktool.bid
Message 146 of 180
latest reply

I've got 46 listings with only 1 main photo in a matter of 2 days.  I absolutely fuming about it.

It will take me weeks to search in photos for all of those photos again.  I contacted Ebay and they told me there was a problem with their system.  These are all listings that are "Good Til Cancelled" and automatically relisted.  I was told to upload any photo and they would reinstate but that doesn't work either.  The only thing I could do is end the listings manually before they end to save the photos from disappearing.   It will take hours of work hunting for them in my huge photo file and downloading, cropping and highlighting them again.  The only problem is I am now loosing all the watchers on them that I have acquired over time, by ending them manually.    Absolutely fuming about this and also have many new listing to put on Ebay.  Business Seller 

Message 147 of 180
latest reply

I am not sure what is meant by 'resolved'. Photos which were wiped out by Ebay have NOT been restored. Once again, here's a list of my live GTC listings that need to have photos recovered. Please address this issue ASAP, as other sellers, I am sure are still experiencing the same issue.

alan@ebay wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Please let me know if you're still experiencing this issue. 

Thanks. 

Message 148 of 180
latest reply

@kaz-sandvika wrote:

I've got 46 listings with only 1 main photo in a matter of 2 days.  I absolutely fuming about it.

It will take me weeks to search in photos for all of those photos again.  I contacted Ebay and they told me there was a problem with their system.  These are all listings that are "Good Til Cancelled" and automatically relisted.  I was told to upload any photo and they would reinstate but that doesn't work either.  The only thing I could do is end the listings manually before they end to save the photos from disappearing.   It will take hours of work hunting for them in my huge photo file and downloading, cropping and highlighting them again.  The only problem is I am now loosing all the watchers on them that I have acquired over time, by ending them manually.    Absolutely fuming about this and also have many new listing to put on Ebay.  Business Seller 

Agree 100%. Maybe ebay considers it resolved, but for all the sellers who've had their pictures wiped out NOTHING is resolved. Thanks for letting us know that ebay considers it resolved, alan@ebay , but how about letting us know if our pictures can be restored on ebay's end, or if it's just another "too bad, so sad", from ebay and we are on our own as far as fixing the listings that ebay basically destroyed.

If I have to manually fix my listings, I expect financial compensation from ebay.

Message 149 of 180
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

I've had 2 roll over in the last couple of hours and pictures stayed intact, so it does appear to be fixed as far as it not happening to more listings. The ones that lost pictures still are not fixed, however.

IMO the way ebay has handled this issue is horrible and shameful. The only thing we've gotten was on Friday when @Anonymous was kind enough to post here and a couple of other threads that they were aware and "working on it". Nothing on the system status, no announcement, the only way people know whats going on is if they saw it here on the boards or happened to click into one of their affected listings. I'm sure there are tons of affected sellers who STILL don't know.

Now that it appears to be fixed for new listings rolling over, ebay continues to remain silent on the issue, with literally NO guidance to sellers on what we need to do, if anything, to remedy OUR situations.

THIS kind of unprofessionalism, ebay, is why your site lags behind the big boys in the game.

I agree! If you have been around ebay long enough you will recall this disappearing picture trick has happened before. It`s happened on at least 2 other occasions that I recall. Ebay has never changed their stance or the way they have handled it either. NO SYSTEM announcment and no email warning anyone there is a problem to minimize damage. But somehow they can manage to constantly email me with "tips" on selling!! SMH

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 150 of 180
latest reply