cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller since 1998 Time to go GTC

I've been an ebay seller since 1992. I have a few different Ebay accounts. Ebay was my life and hobby and a way to make money at one point. Over the past 5 years its gotten to the point it is not worth the time and effort trying to be a small seller and make money.  First came the fees on Shipping, then high fees on everything, now sales tax and GTC being mandated on every fixed listing. The Ebay mobile apps have all gotten extremely difficult to use and they have been placing Best offers on all my listings as well as now GTC. Its time to go. I will miss ebay but its just gotten to the point its no longer worth trying to figure out the GTC and seller fees.  When it comes to a point after doing this 21 years I cant even figure out what the fees are or how to list without getting all my fixed listings re-listed, its time to leave.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Seller since 1998 Time to go GTC

Lots of changes, of that there is no doubt and that can be frustrating.  You have a long history here.  I know you have to do what you feel is right for you, but you might want to read to get as much info on this as you can before you decide this is no longer for you.  JMO YMMV

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I agree with that.slight_smile

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@jasonsfolks wrote:

I've been an ebay seller since 1992. I have a few different Ebay accounts. Ebay was my life and hobby and a way to make money at one point. Over the past 5 years its gotten to the point it is not worth the time and effort trying to be a small seller and make money.  First came the fees on Shipping, then high fees on everything, now sales tax and GTC being mandated on every fixed listing. The Ebay mobile apps have all gotten extremely difficult to use and they have been placing Best offers on all my listings as well as now GTC. Its time to go. I will miss ebay but its just gotten to the point its no longer worth trying to figure out the GTC and seller fees.  When it comes to a point after doing this 21 years I cant even figure out what the fees are or how to list without getting all my fixed listings re-listed, its time to leave.

Another user calculated listing fees out quite a long way ahead of time.  If you list all your GTC listings on the 26 to 28 of the month it will take more than 50 months for your listings to accumulate any double insertion fees.

I hope that makes things easier for you to figure out?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply