cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Information to Contact Outside of Ebay

Just a quick question, as there may be exceptions to this rule that I am unaware of. I was always under the impression that it was against ebay policy to list any personal information or display an ad with personal information that would allow a potential buyers to contact the seller outside of the ebay platform. Can anyone confirm this?  I accidently came across a seller that does this

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Generally speaking, it is still a policy violation to include contact information in a listing; however, there are indeed exceptions. UK business sellers, for example, are required to include contact information in their listings. There may be other exceptions.

If you feel you have accidentally run across a listing that violates a policy, use the "Return item" link to the far right of the tabbed area of the item description (on the desktop version--no idea about the mobile app).

Report Category > Listing practices

Reason for Report > Inappropriate item description

Detailed Reason > Publish contact information

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

CORRECTION TO PREVIOUS POST:

" . . . use the "Return Report item" link . . . "

Sorry about that!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

phone numbers are allowed somehow with the ask a seller a question feature.

lots of sellers that break this rule will put a picture of a buisness card or convey the information in he last picture so its not obvious.

sellers that do this are looking to sell outside of ebay................its not playing by the rules either

it can be a slippery slope with this kind of thing when things go bad

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

patriot-leather is a USA based company and ebay does nothing about them which for me is seller discrimination. I have contacted them several times over the past 6 weeks and they pretty much have done nothing. My point is if they are going to allow a US based seller to provide outside contact information then it should be allowed for everyone. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply