cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Hub Reminds me of

Seller Hub Reminds me of a CRM Tool used by companies to help grow THEIR  business.  For some reason it does not feel like its mine.   I have been trying to customize it  to make it feel more personable with no luck as of yet.  

One thing right off the bat I would say get rid of the 31 day sales and replace it with current month sales.  Also an eaiser way to see just our auctions or fixed price listings ( just like the old format had) 

Maybe it would help if we could add some things to it to make it feel like ours, for instance our store logo, some color ,  it just needs something. 

I want to feel self employed again ...Not an eBay employee 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Seller Hub Reminds me of

@tonemarrow2012  Agree 100% on change the Sales value to be selectable to Current Month - last Month etc. like it was before.  Everything eBay does is based on a month ... invoices are per calendar month, subscriptions are per calendar month, FEES are based on calendar month.

Make it apoint to click the Comment link on the page and log a complaint there more than once.  I've done that with the Guaranteed Delivery banner that shows up everytime I go to the home page, have to click the X meaning I am NOT opting in for the 100th time.

I too want the ability to "customize" each tile or combine them and definately make them smaller.

I just hope they don't treat it like they did with The Community roll out where most members complained about all the

white space and here we are how far down the road and ...

still have too much white space.  Get the point?  I've heard of conservation of energy, I've heard of conservation of resources ... I wish someone would teach the IT group about the conservation of ...

screen space ... sorry, sort of got carried away there.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I tried it, really tried to like it... or at least tried to get used to it.

But in all reality it is designed the way a developer (coder) would view data.

There is absolutely no reason for eBay to not hire a UX/UI developer to help make things easy for the human eye. There is such a thing as human interface, where things are easy to view and use. Just seems  whoever is running the digital design has no clue as to how sellers use their tools. Not to mention they test software live on production instead of sandboxing and getting the kinks out before roll out.

Oh well, the giant ebay wheel just keeps spinning without any real direction.

Just a humble seller.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

get rid of the 31 day sales and replace it with current month sales.

Don't know what page you are on..........but on the Orders Page there are  15 choices in the drop down menu of the time period you can show.........  in the box in top of page, called period........

one of the choices is current month...........  once you make the change in the box, click on blue  search.....just below  that line.    Once you make the choice it is sticky.......

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@dhbookds

@dhbookds wrote:

get rid of the 31 day sales and replace it with current month sales.

Don't know what page you are on..........but on the Orders Page there are  15 choices in the drop down menu of the time period you can show.........  in the box in top of page, called period........

one of the choices is current month...........  once you make the change in the box, click on blue  search.....just below  that line.    Once you make the choice it is sticky.......

He's on the home page (pic below) ... I've pointed this issue out to eBay too.  It is a meaningless number and changes everyday and only goes back 31 days.  Click on it and the next screen allows you to set a date range BUT it will NOT let you set your end date PAST the current day.  So you can not even set it for current month manually.  Plus, if you do set a date range when you leave that screen the home page display reverts to 31 days.  It's really poor programming.  eBay is based on a monthly cycle so there display need the option to be set for each month like the old format.  Invoices are monthly, FVFs are monhtly, Listing amounts are monthly, etc.  So it makes absolutely no sense why THAT display is not available to be monthly like the old format.  I would just as soon get rid of it then see it.

Screenshot (904).png

Regards,
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@losangelesniceguy

@losangelesniceguy wrote:

I tried it, really tried to like it... or at least tried to get used to it.

But in all reality it is designed the way a developer (coder) would view data.

There is absolutely no reason for eBay to not hire a UX/UI developer to help make things easy for the human eye. There is such a thing as human interface, where things are easy to view and use. Just seems  whoever is running the digital design has no clue as to how sellers use their tools. Not to mention they test software live on production instead of sandboxing and getting the kinks out before roll out.

Oh well, the giant ebay wheel just keeps spinning without any real direction.

I agree 100% ... I hope they don't do with Seller Hub what they did with The Community.  when this rolled out visual issues were repeated by many members and while the alleged promise was it would be improved it wasn't, period.  Our society is left to right reading and top to bottom ... go back to early computers and software, menu driven, etc. and its obvious the mind works pretty well on lists.  The gallery type view does NOT allow easy eye flow ... tell those IT guys its business, not an art class.

I want complete customization power like some sophisticated computer drafting software I run ... each user can create their own tool pallets based on the type of drawings they do most PLUS on their drawing style.  They even allow the tool tip to have a right click list of common functions a particular operator uses, so one can customize it, right click and your list is right there (pic below).  There's a ton of more stuff on the screen then what I show but this just gives you an idea of the flexibility on that program.

I see Seller Hub for what it is and if they give us the customization capability to arrange it for each Sellers individual style and work methods everyone will rant and rave about it.  I like some of the features, links, etc. but its just too spread out, is still in beta as you eluded to and too much wasted space  ... as it is it will be just be the usual ongoing moaning and groaning from the front lines ...

Screenshot (884).png

Regards,
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Ah..........thanks for the screenshot, Mr. L......  I see what you/they are talking about.....

I'm afraid I ignore the general pages and just go to the specific pages that concern what I'm wondering about at the time........    there is also a Sales module on that page that shows Sales (last 31days).....whether they are up or down based on the 2 categories in which you sell the most......  once I saw that.......which is totally worthless at least to me, I just started bypassing the page altogether.......

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@tonemarrow2012 wrote:

Seller Hub Reminds me of a CRM Tool used by companies to help grow THEIR  business.  For some reason it does not feel like its mine.   I have been trying to customize it  to make it feel more personable with no luck as of yet.  

One thing right off the bat I would say get rid of the 31 day sales and replace it with current month sales.  Also an eaiser way to see just our auctions or fixed price listings ( just like the old format had) 

Maybe it would help if we could add some things to it to make it feel like ours, for instance our store logo, some color ,  it just needs something. 

I want to feel self employed again ...Not an eBay employee 

I agree with these suggestions.

Sellers certainly need to be able to sort Orders by Format (Auction vs Fixed Price) and more.

The new Orders Page in Seller Hub is missing the "CUSTOMIZE" link that was present in the old version .

That is a big missing feature.  

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@dhbookds

@dhbookds wrote:

Ah..........thanks for the screenshot, Mr. L......  I see what you/they are talking about.....

I'm afraid I ignore the general pages and just go to the specific pages that concern what I'm wondering about at the time........    there is also a Sales module on that page that shows Sales (last 31days).....whether they are up or down based on the 2 categories in which you sell the most......  once I saw that.......which is totally worthless at least to me, I just started bypassing the page altogether.......

Exactly ... Seller Hub "will" be a great tool everybody rants and raves about IF (and I stress "IF") eBay gives it the customization level it requires.  It could be potentially so great that other online site "Communities" could point to and say, "Gee, I wish they would do for us what eBay did!".   I do the same thing you do as far as just going to where I need to.  The page I visit the most, the Classic View I simply have on my Favorite's list on the browser ... that way I can bypass the SH home page.

Now here's a scary thought, can you imagine what the public outcry would be like if they changed browser Favorite lists to Gallery View?!?  We work on lists, period ...

Regards,
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@dhbookds

@dhbookds wrote:

Exactly ... Seller Hub "will" be a great tool everybody rants and raves about IF (and I stress "IF") eBay gives it the customization level it requires.  It could be potentially so great that other online site "Communities" could point to and say, "Gee, I wish they would do for us what eBay did!".   I do the same thing you do as far as just going to where I need to.  The page I visit the most, the Classic View I simply have on my Favorite's list on the browser ... that way I can bypass the SH home page.

Now here's a scary thought, can you imagine what the public outcry would be like if they changed browser Favorite lists to Gallery View?!?  We work on lists, period ...

When I had it, I had to re-customize every time I went to it because it would default.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Mr. L, I kind of look on Seller Hub the same way I view Windows 10......and with W10, I probably only use 1% of the capacity.....and don't understand/know the rest.  When/if I need something new, I try to find it, lol.  I loved XP and will probably never like another W program as well as it.

That said, I can understand all the "stuff" in SH and W10 may be helpful to others.....  That sales up/down in two categories would be something I'd want to know if I mainly sold in 2 cats.. especially if I had multiple quantity listings. 

As you say......customization helps......if people will actually take the time to look at the pages and process what they need.  However, knowing myself.....I will forget I've customized a page and then scream "WHY isn't x on this page"........lol.

The only thing I REALLY want out of it now is a page that shows solds with the sale price, the buyer paid shipping, the seller paid shipping and totals.....for income tax reasons.  For some reason they just can't (won't) get that on one page.....maybe someday........I've been asking about it since they first opened SH......and get referred to paypal or Selling Manager Pro (which I would have to pay for)......... that just aggravates me to death......

Message 11 of 11
latest reply