cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Hub, Managed Payments, Free Returns, Free Shipping, Seller since 1997 and now this!

I have been selling on ebay since 1997 and have adapted to each change on seller hub, managed payments, 1 day handling, free returns, free shipping and now ebay has allowed a buyer to return a used nightgown, without tags, and a brand I have never purchased nor sold. The buyer sent a picture prior to using my paid for label and I immediately let her know that was not mine. She would not respond. Called customer service and let them know and they said just to wait for return. Sure enough I got back her used nightie. Contacted customer service and they said to file claim-which I did. Now they have closed it siding with the buyer:

We understand that you received your item in a different condition than when you shipped it, but unfortunately we couldn't determine that this was caused by the buyer, or that this was something in the buyer's control.

A refund of US $32.00 was issued on Sep 1, 2020 to the buyer. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping.

The refund amount will be recovered from you by eBay.

It is not the money but the principal.  It appears as long as a buyer provides a return tracking number showing

delivered sellers are out of luck.  I have been blessed this is a first and hopefully last but do not have a good feeling about dealing with customer service or investing a lot in new inventory.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Seller Hub, Managed Payments, Free Returns, Free Shipping, Seller since 1997 and now this!

I took the used night gown, box, packaging, a copy of all my messages to her (She sent a photo of her night gown in the item not described return. I immediately let her know that was not mine. She did not respond. Just used my label and sent it anyway)  a copy of my ad, my inventory sheet, a copy of the ebay message with the Police report info needed (and a copy of the first page of my feedback and page showing no sales without seller resolution) 

Would I ever go through this again. No! I have never asked ebay to refund me in over 23 years .

This morning I sold an item using Promoted Listing. The buyer paid and cancelled within a few minutes. Manged payments made it easy to see the promotion fee and transaction fee ebay kept was about $4.00 for the non sale. 

I let everyone at Post Office know what I have been through over this and no one can believe this happened to the biggest cheer leader for ebay (they tease me that I am the ebay queen) I do love ebay but am so disappointed in all the money grabbing they are doing now and letting scammer rule. I feel for all the folks I have encouraged over the years to sell on the site.

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

you are probably selling low-cost items.  those of us who sell items in the thousands of dollars--such as the person who said his brother lost 1k recently--are not able to 'absorb' losses in the thousands as just the modern way of doing business.

also, the scammers are empowered when they keep getting away with this and will up their game so that it becomes more common and more costly.  in fact, i wonder if some of the price increases by ebay were needed because they DO guarantee and have to cover spammers and hackers themselves?

Message 32 of 32
latest reply