cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden deletion of many listings, now re-appear with listing fees???

Over the last few days, I'm getting emails that dozens of my fixed price listings were ended. That activity was not generated by a sale or anything I did. No indication in my ebay seller account of any prompt for these deletions. Nothing in the help files or google about a sudden fee schedule change. Now I'm seeing many of the items re-appear and with a .35 listing fee for each. Nothing in my notifications about what's going on. My monthly ebay invoice was just charged and it was definitely higher than the total I made selling things on ebay in the last month, evidently bc they deleted lots of my items and re-listed them (with no permission from me) with these new fees. I'm also being charged a "Final Value Fee on Shipping" in addition to the final value fee when I don't use ebay shipping. Ready to close my ebay account if I don't get answers and a way to continue doing business with ebay on the fee schedule I have been for the last 20 years. "Contact us" only leads to a "virtual assistant" with no real answers. Anyone know what's acutally going on?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

"Fixed Price Listings" (Buy it Now) are all Good Till Cancelled (GTC) but are renewed same date every month and if you don't have a store or free listings, they will be charged .35c a listing. Regarding FVF for shipping, if you have a dollar amount in the listing for shipping (not 'free shipping'), the customer pays the full price (item, shipping & tax) and you are charged FVF for the entire amount, whether you print labels using ebay labels or not. Been this way for many moons.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The "final value fee on shipping" is based on what the buyer pays to you for shipping; it's not connected to where you purchase your postage or how much you pay for it.  eBay has had this fee structure since 2011.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@quantumbasscenterinc, could you please supply some item numbers for the listings that were ended early over the last few days, and the item numbers for the corresponding relisted items. That will help responders to investigate this and try to figure out what is going on.

Searching your active listings, the most recently listed item was started on May 28, so I don't see any indication that items are being relisted, unless it was within the last few minutes or hours, in which case they might not be visible in search yet. But you said, over the last few days, not that recently.

image.png

Currently, I see 239 active listings on your account. Since you don't have a store subscription, you get 200 free-insertion-fee listings each month. Your listings are fixed-price, which relist or renew every month on the anniversary of their first listing date. So the first 200 listings that relist each month use your 200 free-insertion-fee listings, and after that you are charged the standard insertion fee for each of them, which is $0.35. 

Doing a search off-eBay, I found 56 listings of yours which were ended less than an hour ago at 1:37 to 1:38 pm EDT. Obviously I couldn't check all of them but the ones I opened had all just been ended early at the same time.

Did you end those? Are those the ones that you thought were relisted? It's hard to get the start-date for listings that were ended like that, but some of them were revised on Mar 8, so they were started at least 6 months ago, and were not new listings. But they could very well have been fixed price listings that passed their anniversary date for the month and were relisted/renewed within the last few days.

Edit: Now it looks as though all of your active listings have been ended early. I saw time stamps between 1:37 pm to 1:41 pm EDT today, which is within the last hour.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the info. Been on a program of free listings up to a cumulative dollar value for about 10 years - no notice of this changing or why they ended all my listings and re-listed them with the new (to me) fees. Deleted all listings. Crazy. Ebay has always been pretty good to me and I have sold many thousands of things through there, but I certainly won't sit by for a rate hike when so many other platforms now charge less with no **bleep**.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for responding @quantumbasscenterinc.

I have not heard about a program with free listings up to a cumulative dollar value. Everyone gets at least 200 free listings per month, which was recently increased from at least 50, but that doesn't sound like the same thing?

I'm not questioning you, but I would like to learn more about this. Would you mind posting a screenshot of your last-month invoice, with any personal info blacked out of course? There should be some information about this program there.

Here's how to view your invoice:

1. Go to your Seller Account.
  2. From the Invoices dropdown menu, select the monthly invoice you’re looking for, then select Go. Your invoice will appear in a new window.
  3. From your invoice, you’ll see links to print or download.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply