cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select US only and find sellers from China.

This is not fair at all to other sellers and buyers.  I click on location US only and browse a few seller for vapes and I find that almost all of the accounts started in China.  Why does eBay give us the feature to choose our sellers when it's not properly filtered?  They lost so much business from me as a buyer because of it.  I don't know if the product I'm buying are knock offs or not.  I wouldn't want something I used like coils to be fake cheap knock offs since it's something that I'm inhaling with my lungs.  eBay, do something about it or you're going to lose a lot of people, me for example because I don't know who I'm really buying from anymore.  These people are just holding on to the US currency when something goes wrong, as seen by many negative reviews.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I click on location US only

The selling accounts are from China but where are the items located?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Its crushed us sellers as my friend. Ebay has a strange philosophy is all I can gather. The more listings the better because it means more chances someone might find something and purchase.............only its harder for good buyers like yourself to find what you are looking for digging through the clutter of fakes and out right junk. They also force the dollar store mantra on its buyers like they cant afford something nicer or non counterfeit. There by turning the site into a flea market / yard sale where if you arent getting 70% you are better off buying elsewhere. Again crushes us sellers as well.

Bandit we sellers have told ebay for years about the chinese fakes. Even about those items showing up in searches supposedly filtering them out. Its an easy fix. They refuse to do it. They play the game of make the buyer happy at all costs...........so long as it isnt their cost.

Glad you are wise enough not to trust your body to that junk.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

See how long shipping is expected to be. That will tell you if the item in in china..........or if its chinese junk sitting in an american warehouse already. Either way........its from china from a chinese seller. Not that there arent great folks from china........just the reputation earned over decades selling here tells us that its about 95% likely to be a counterfeit or total garbage either way.

I use to compete against them for jewelry. I remember having at one time a 2 carat emerald, 2 carat total weight of diamonds, 12 gram 18 karat solid gold ring. The gold alone at that time melt value was $450. The diamonds wholesale was $600 and the columbian certified emerald was $1200 wholesale. I had the ring for sale for no kidding $2750. All the certifications, vintage and glorious, original ownership receipts $12k retail etc. Wondered why I got no interest in it then looked at my competition. Same exact picture as mine........with a digital white background....same title, same description solid 18kt gold 2 carat emerald 2 carat of diamonds $159.99. 10 available, 3 sold, 3 bad feedbacks about 25 days later that they were fake but looked just like the real one etc.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I've noticed more and more Asian sellers are drop shipping, which is why the listings show as having US locations.  That isn't all of them as some Asian companies actually do have US warehouses.  But I've noticed more drop shippers lately to be sure.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

The costs to ship from China while still cheap are going up.

The market demands faster delivery times that shipping from China takes.

Chinese sellers respond by warehousing in the USA and increasing the average value of the items they offer to make domestic fulfillment viable.

When the products being sold are all manufactured in Asia what difference does it make where the seller is based, the only things that are important are price and delivery time. The China based sellers can access the best pricing and if they are shipping from California they can match pretty much any US based seller.

eBay's filter does say "Item Location", it always has just as the shipping exclusions apply to location of shipping not the location of the buyer.

Of course I do not approve of sellers who misrepresent an items shipping location. In my experience that's the exception rather than the rule, All the Asian sellers I've bought from that state shipping from a US location have done exactly that with delivery in the usual 3 - 5 days.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

China sellers register with ebay using a left coast address usually.  Then they show up as US sellers.

You have to investigate the seller / product carefully.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

It is so pervasive in the clothing listings that it has really pushed me to other sites and brick & mortar stores to shop.  I used to be a huge ebay shopper now it is about once or twice a month at best because I cannot "window shop" like I used to...way too much China junk to wade through even when drilling down to US only.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Yes, unfortunately even "Vintage" Asian sellers use that buzz word for any item just to get attention and eBay does NOTHING about it! There is lots of BRAND NEW "Vintage" items on eBay! Sort of an oxymoron don't ya think!
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Hi, Vintageista! I just tried to report a Chinese seller using Vintage throughout their listing yet all were new, made in China cheap knockoffs. Knockoffs for a true 70s vintage Lee Storm Rider jacket I was listing. But the report button asks 3 required questions. I was able to answer 2 but the 3rd question wasn't even related to why I was reporting. So I just backed out. Just watch out for those "Vintage Teddy Bear" Chinese knockoffs where they call faux fur Teddy Bear fur. You just can't stop them...can't wait until they knockoff 40's vintage dresses. Good Luck!

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

The costs to ship from China while still cheap are going up.

The market demands faster delivery times that shipping from China takes.

Chinese sellers respond by warehousing in the USA and increasing the average value of the items they offer to make domestic fulfillment viable.

When the products being sold are all manufactured in Asia what difference does it make where the seller is based, the only things that are important are price and delivery time. The China based sellers can access the best pricing and if they are shipping from California they can match pretty much any US based seller.

eBay's filter does say "Item Location", it always has just as the shipping exclusions apply to location of shipping not the location of the buyer.

Of course I do not approve of sellers who misrepresent an items shipping location. In my experience that's the exception rather than the rule, All the Asian sellers I've bought from that state shipping from a US location have done exactly that with delivery in the usual 3 - 5 days.

We don't know yet if the shipping is going up for sellers shipping from China.  The numbers haven't been announced yet to my knowledge and the Chinese government hasn't yet determined if they are going to give a larger subsidy to the seller to accommodate the upcoming increase.  Well not that I've seen yet.  Have you seen anything on it?  I too would like to keep informed on the progress of this subject.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Most of the vape mods that I've seen that are sold by many different sellers on eBay are being sold from Costa Mesa.  Someone contacted me saying they have warehouses in China and in the US, and I told them just because they have a warehouse in the US doesn't mean their a US seller.  I told them I'm buying an item thinking it is a US seller when they're not and that's not fair to all the others that are selling in America.  Most of these products are nothing but clones.  I do not trust a clone filter because we all know how contaminated Chinese made products are and I refuse to put that into my lungs.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

Hi, Vintageista! I just tried to report a Chinese seller using Vintage throughout their listing yet all were new, made in China cheap knockoffs. Knockoffs for a true 70s vintage Lee Storm Rider jacket I was listing. But the report button asks 3 required questions. I was able to answer 2 but the 3rd question wasn't even related to why I was reporting. So I just backed out. Just watch out for those "Vintage Teddy Bear" Chinese knockoffs where they call faux fur Teddy Bear fur. You just can't stop them...can't wait until they knockoff 40's vintage dresses. Good Luck!

The answer is here:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/08/why-ebay-tells-chinese-manufacturers-what-you...

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@banditbmw325 wrote:

Most of the vape mods that I've seen that are sold by many different sellers on eBay are being sold from Costa Mesa.  Someone contacted me saying they have warehouses in China and in the US, and I told them just because they have a warehouse in the US doesn't mean their a US seller.  I told them I'm buying an item thinking it is a US seller when they're not and that's not fair to all the others that are selling in America.  Most of these products are nothing but clones.  I do not trust a clone filter because we all know how contaminated Chinese made products are and I refuse to put that into my lungs.

While I understand your concern, this is a misunderstanding of the Ebay filters.  Ebay has NO filter to ignore Sellers from any specific country.

The filter for the searches is for ITEM LOCATION, not where the seller has their account set up.  Ebay has never had a filter by seller location.  It has always been Item Location which is what is stated as the location in the listing.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@banditbmw325 wrote:

They are not claiming to be US Sellers and the eBay filter is for Item LOCATION.

I'll ask again (because I don't know the answer) how much of these Vape related goods are actually made in the USA?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply